Tinnitus... anyone else got it?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes!
Same issues which blow tweeters:
Why Do Tweeters Blow When Amplifiers Distort?

'Overdrive condition' first paragraph: overall rms is upped and dynamic disappear. Peaks becomes squashed, overall dynamic reduced in the freq range makes it more offending and dangerous ( what should have been brief events tends to become longuer and thus could hurt you from long exposure time).

Last edited:
If you want to understand your tinnintus you need to understand how your body works. Releasing your fascia will lead to releasing your nerves and rebuilding your lymphatic pathways. Once your lymphatic system is working properly in your face and neck you can release the metabolic waste from your brain. A lot of your chronic and age related diseases will go away if you can do this. It can be done naturally with the proper movement techniques and by activating certain genes. look into resveratrol, astaxanthin, cannabidiol and also fasting can activate these genes. There is way more information about it than what I can properly convey, but I have personally been through it and there really isn't a lot of help from standard medicine. You have to do it on your own unless you can find a good naturopath.
Effects of Stress and Stress Hormones on Amyloid-β Protein and Plaque Deposition
Fascia - Wikipedia
Fibroblasts and Their Transformations: The Connective-Tissue Cell Family - Molecular Biology of the Cell - NCBI Bookshelf
Meaning of the Solid and Liquid Fascia to Reconsider the Model of Biotensegrity

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I've had significant and encouraging improvement in my hearing with a lowering of blood sugar, intermittent fasting and keeping the ear canal warm and dry.

I also use an antifungal drop now that help a lot, there's no pain anymore for months and the ringing is gone for the summer months. Overall acuity has gone up a little bit too.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
DIY tinnitus solution

So when are the EEs and other smart electronics techies here at DIY gonna come up with some kind of stimulator to regrow those "hairs" we've all busted off our hearing? Huh? I bet there's a formula of some sort that would make it happen. You'd become the richest person in the world! Just think about it...yer name in lights!

I ain't kiddin :cool:

Last edited:
Joined 2017
Paid Member
DIY tinnitus solution

What's your fantasy got to do with tinnitus?

Out of wiki:
»Tinnitus is the perception of sound when no corresponding external sound is present.[1] Nearly everyone will experience a faint "normal tinnitus" in a completely quiet room but it is only of concern if it is bothersome or interferes with normal hearing or correlated with other problems.[6]«

Tinnitus - Wikipedia

So, actually, a tinnitus has very much to do with, ahem, fantasy... I got a medium one too, due to a cold I had a few years ago, and although I am quite wary to avoid loud noise (not always possible due to my profession), it never completely went away. When I had that cold the first time, the doc cured it with a very high dose of something, which helped, but I got that cold a second time and it didn‘t anymore .

The broken/burnt/extinct hearing-hair is a different story I would have guessed?

Last edited:
You all should look into temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder. This is what my doc thinks is causing my tinnitus. The belief is that irregularities put pressure on the nerve that sends audio signals to your brain. the sounds are not imaginary, its more akin to experiencing a parasitic 60hz hum on your speaker output.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
There are too many variations in the cause of Tinnitus to be able to arrive at a universal 'solution'.

It's better to treat it as a condition and look at addressing root causes. In the cases where it is caused by trauma or injury (such as a head cold complication) it is often not treatable at all and one needs to think about treating symptoms.

We already have a thread on the condition which you can look at to see progress other members have made, if and when they have.