Who's going to stop Israel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They kill palestinian everyday. Now they are destrying there houses. Bush say it's ok cause israel is a democracy and israel is a friend uo the usa. ( does it have more to do with the risk to lose jews vote in the state?). UN condamne this act of terrorism.

How many more will have to die?
how many more will become homeless.

ok they had holocaust. But enough is enough. Do they have to do to palestinian what Hitler did to them.

Israel do what they want all the time to other countries. Most country could not do the same. They would have the international community stopping them.

Daniel

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
1) How many of the Arab states recognize Israel as a sovereign nation?

2) I wonder what would happen to Israel were it not for American support.

It's guns, tanks and missiles against sticks, rocks and suicide bombers. Hardly seems fair,

But money loves company, and the US and Israel are buddies.

Unfortunately Canada's position almost mirrors that of the US for the most part. Not to mention our apparent flip flopping on the condemnation of Israel as an occupying force.

I think we all support the peace initiative but seemingly lack the ability to implement as the two sides are so divided.

I am expecting rebuttal to my opinions, as everyone is entitled to theirs. The only thread that binds us here is that we love our DIY music.

Respectfully yours,
Cal

Daniel-A said:
They kill palestinian everyday. Now they are destrying there houses. Bush say it's ok cause israel is a democracy and israel is a friend uo the usa. ( does it have more to do with the risk to lose jews vote in the state?). UN condamne this act of terrorism.

How many more will have to die?
how many more will become homeless.

ok they had holocaust. But enough is enough. Do they have to do to palestinian what Hitler did to them.

Israel do what they want all the time to other countries. Most country could not do the same. They would have the international community stopping them.

Daniel

I urge you keep reading and learning more, and from a more diverse selection of sources. Simple, naive black&white portrayals such as yours just fuel the fire.

I urge you keep reading and learning more, and from a more diverse selection of sources. Simple, naive black&white portrayals such as yours just fuel the fire.

I read and listen to news from many countries. Maybe yours are more truthfull.
But tell me.
Is it untrue?
Does amnesty international have the wrong information to?
What about the UN?
I don't think it's a naive black and white thing. I think it's not politically correct for most countries to critic israel. They can say other country have a nuclear weapon program but not israel.
Some people fear to be called antisemite but i don't and i use to teach french in jewish school. Jews are no better and no worst than other. It's just the state of israel.
a dog is a dog
a cat is cat
a criminal is a criminal

Daniel

Daniel-A said:

Daniel

yeah right , ppl here afraid to take a bus , there are more soldiers and policemans on the streets then reguar ppl, all u know is the garbage u hear on the news , u gotta live here to know whats going on

Re: Re: Who's going to stop Israel

sss said:

yeah right , ppl here afraid to take a bus , there are more soldiers and policemans on the streets then reguar ppl, all u know is the garbage u hear on the news , u gotta live here to know whats going on
it is a pretty critical situation in your israel these days... but it fades away when compared to palestine(dare I call the few square km where the palistinians live palestine? or should I use israel colony?)
and then you have it in your religion, an eye for... why complain when the others follow the same?

am I to be considered anti-semitic because of these words I wrote?

This conflict is ...just like any other conflict, a subject to political interest and economical interests...and maybe least of the parts involved in the conflict.

Through a number of friends whom have served in severel different wars, like the falklands, afganistan and so forth, I have learned that what we get from our governments and through the medias, is usually very coloured information, twisted to serve the respective interests.

With that in mind....I dont see how anybody besides the people actually there and involved in the conflict can pass any judgement what so ever. Even the people that are there and involved in the conflict usually hardly get the truth and the facts behind the respective actions.

Magura:)

Magura said:

Through a number of friends whom have served in severel different wars, like the falklands, afganistan and so forth, I have learned that what we get from our governments and through the medias, is usually very coloured information, twisted to serve the respective interests.
With that in mind....I dont see how anybody besides the people actually there and involved in the conflict can pass any judgement what so ever. Even the people that are there and involved in the conflict usually hardly get the truth and the facts behind the respective actions.

thats correct Magura

Daniel-A i think u should visit some hezballa websites and see what they are talking about , i'm a soldier so i know whats going on here better then others

Originally posted by Cal Weldon
It's guns, tanks and missiles against sticks, rocks and suicide bombers. Hardly seems fair
thats what u hear and see on your local news stations

so i guess they destroy israeli tanks and kill soldiers with sticks and rocks .
your news stations dont tell that i guess , well they got guns , rpgs and antitank misssiles , go do your homework

so i guess they destroy israeli tanks and kill soldiers with sticks and rocks .

did you ever ask yourself why they do so? did you ask why you have to kill kids and women?

did you every count how many solders they kill and how many palestinian kid you isreal solders do kill?

i do trust the news more than what they tell you so you could belive its ok to do your job.

its the same like USA killing some dozent civilian iraqis at a party some hours ago... of corse they all were terrorists, planning to fly a plan in a building in the USA.

SSS,

do you respect the 1949 borders and accept to withdraw all
jewish settlements from the west bank and Gaza?

If the answer to the question above is no, then how can you
expect the palestinians to respect you?

I know it is not that simple and that for instance Hamas does
not accept the state of Israel at all, but that is no different
from those jews who claim a right to the occupied territories
as far as I can see. To me it seems that there are too many
people on both sides who are not genuinely interested in
peace if they have to compromise even a tiny bit.

PS. I absolutely condemn the palestinian suicide bombings,
but to some extent I can understand them. When people are
pressed hard enough they become desperate, that is human
nature.

Arguing that the websites of Hamas or Hezbollah are representative of the Arab world at large is like arguing that views of Kach and Kahane Chai form the basis of Sharon's policies. As far as Hezbollah is concerned, the Israelis brought that upon themselves by overstaying their welcome in Lebanon.
What Israel is involved in the West Bank and Gaza is no different to Hitler's Lebensraum policy and dressing it up in religious or security bullsh!t won't change that. I don't doubt for a moment that the the Palestinians try their hardest to destroy Israeli military hardware but if someone was coming to blow up your house and steal your land, you wouldn't go out to meet them with a feather duster.

SY said:
What's magic about 1949 borders? Or 1967 borders? Or 1973 borders? Or 1947 borders? Or 1922 borders? or...

Should that region go back to British control? Turkish? Italian? Iraqi? Should the Hashemites, who rule a majority-Palestinian country, abdicate?

Maybe it's 1947. Anyway, I mean the border of the state of
Israel as recognized by the UN, ie. not including the west bank
and Gaza.

I should also add that my questions are mostly out of curiosity
since I don't know any israelis and it is very difficult to understand
the reasoning of many israelis. I have nothing against jews and
nothing against the state of Israel per se, but there seems to
be something fundamentally flawed with the current politics
of this state as far as I can judge from my remote corner of
the world. Hm, well I do know a number of israelis professionally,
but it is long ago since I talked about politics with any of them,
and much has happened since then.

. I absolutely condemn the palestinian suicide bombings,
but to some extent I can understand them.

:confused:

Maybe you dont have children, but strapping a bomb to one, and sending them for a walk.....:bawling: Not only this, but many are raised willing to do so. Add to that using them as human-shields...

I feel for the innocents caught up in it all.

but there seems to be something fundamentally flawed with the current politics of [Israel]

No offense, but I've yet to meet a European that didnt have that exact same view about nearly every other country.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.