in your country who really is the government

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Everybody always talking about bush as a crook.
Well here in Canada The prime minister has close to 40 companies that doesn't pay taxes.They are situated abroad in fiscal paradise island. The liberal government paid millions$ to there friends.
Look what i found about the canadian parliement

Here is a cosy thought to ponder on a cold winter night.
The following information is taken from the Ottawa Citizen
and republished in the Chronicle-Herald Friday,January 3,
2003 D1.
Imagine a company that has a little more than 300 employees
and has the following statistics:
30 have been accused of spousal abuse;
nine have been arrested for fraud;
14 have been accused of wrighting bad cheques;
95 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least two
businesses;
four have done time for assault;
55 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit;
12 have been arrested on drug related charges;
four have been arrested for shoplifting;
16 are currently defendentants in lawsuits;
62 have been arrested for DRUNK DRIVING in the last year;

Can you guess which organization this is?
It's the 301 MP's in the Canadian Parliament...

What's fishy in your country, would love to know

Daniel

Daniel-A said:

What we tend to overlook is that politics is divisive by nature hence Bush is a crook, Chretien a cretin, etc. We are always split up and and shouting epithets at the other side. This keeps the voice of the people, you & I, weak while we bash the crap out of each other. Divide & conquer is not an empty phrase.

speaker

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Daniel-A said:
Well here in Canada The prime minister has close to 40 companies that doesn't pay taxes.Daniel

paying or not paying taxes should not be a yardstick as to if someone is a crook. We (the people collectively) set up the tax systems and if there are loopholes, everyone should be allowed to take advantage of it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Daniel,
That article about our parliament has been written about most every government in the known world. I'd like to see someone back that up some time. For one I don't believe that 1 out of 5 has been arrested for drunk driving in the last year. Nor do I believe some of those other stats that continue to be bantered around. It does make for interesting reading though. That is if you overlook the numbers being the same every year, not to mention when they are talking about another country...

As far as the 40 companies not paying tax. Do you really believe that?
And of what taxes are you speaking?

speaker said:
Bush is a crook, Chretien a cretin, etc.

Hi Speaker,

Please update to Paul Martin as Jean Chretien is now out to pasture.

Cheers to all,

Cal

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Cal Weldon said:
As far as the 40 companies not paying tax. Do you really believe that?

Cal

that's entirely possible and probable. There are theroies as to why (certain types of) corporations shouldn't be taxed.

Aside from that, I personally paid more taxes than Cisco did during one of those internet-crazy years (2000 or 2001 as I recall). and I wasn't kidding.

here for organigramme
Daniel

Attachments

• organigramme.jpg
    organigramme.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 115
Daniel-A said:
Imagine a company that has a little more than 300 employees
and has the following statistics:
30 have been accused of spousal abuse;

Cut....

Well, in Italy the Prime minister OWNs:
- 3 national tv
- 4 different newspapers
- 1 soccer team
- variuos radio broadcasting stations
and...
- controls the other 3 national TV (public)

ouch... almost forgot. We have 7 nation-wide TV and the 7th have something like the 2% share.

Do you think that the information it's ok here?

Anyway, he is indagated by the law for several issues, but his government emanated a law that avoid to be liable about those kind of facts (specially the antitrust and conflict of interest)

bye,

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Re: Re: in your country who really is the government

Faber said:

- 3 national tv
- 4 different newspapers
- 1 soccer team
and...

bye,

Does Italy have a law that sayd rich people owning tv stations and newpapers cannot be elected to office?

If you have a problem with his ownership of media assets, it seems to me that you ought to install such a law to prohibit elected officials from owning media assets (or being rich or whatever).

Last I checked, our constitution did not ban rich people from running public officies.

But it is possible that in other societies, some people are more equal than others.

Re: Re: Re: in your country who really is the government

millwood said:

Does Italy have a law that sayd rich people owning tv stations and newpapers cannot be elected to office?

Obviously not.

millwood said:

If you have a problem with his ownership of media assets, it seems to me that you ought to install such a law to prohibit elected officials from owning media assets (or being rich or whatever).

The problem are not about his richness or his possessions, but about the use of this information he does.

You can't have at the same time more than one power. this is the conflict of interest.

He promulgate some laws to defeat the law-issues on his duty, he promulgate some laws to defeat some issues about the circulation of money from abroad of his industries...
The sad is that the list can continue.

WIth all this information power he can diffuse the news as he like and not as the news are in reality. You know for sure that we live in a world were information is the key of control.

bye,

Re: Re: in your country who really is the government

Faber said:

- 3 national tv
- 4 different newspapers
- 1 soccer team
and...

ouch... almost forgot. We have 7 nation-wide TV and the 7th have something like the 2% share.

Do you think that the information it's ok here?

Anyway, he is indagated by the law for several issues, but his government emanated a law that avoid to be liable about those kind of facts (specially the antitrust and conflict of interest)

bye,

I thought the laws he passed only protected him while he was still in office. And to be fair Berlusconi all he's done is cut out the middle man. You only have watch Blair grinning obsequiously at anyone with a quid or two in their pockets to know Berlusconi is not unique.

During the 1980's in Australia there was this fellow named Paul Keating (whose name BTW wasn't recognised by MS Word so it suggested "cheating" :D ) who was the Federal Treasurer and later became Prime Minister. He was an avid collector of 16th century cuckoo clocks, and I heard someone on the radio at that time say that oddly enough, there was no sales tax on these clocks... :dodgy:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.