most boring sports

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
for me it's curling and (sorry fellow american) baseball. I look at the news to know what happen at a baseball game. Most of the time it take less than 10 sec. There's three 4 "players" really working: catcher, pitcher, first base...referee!!!
As for curling the players are the only one screeming all the time.

Daniel

Golf, Baseball, fishing (I'm told it's a sport) are my top 3, though I can honestly say I couldn't care less about any of them.

I can admit to watching much of the Curling event on TV at the last Olympics. Being a physics and ME design person I was enjoying the physics of it. I also enjoy watching billiards once in a great while - particularly a trick shot competition. :xeye:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
B.VDBOS said:
Test cricket..........

Now, as a born Yorkshireman, I have to point out the flaws in your argument here about the fine sport of Test Cricket.

You don't actually watch the game!

You just sit around at the ground in the sun, listen to the radio and drink beer. The fact that a dozen or so blokes are strolling around, dressed in white, chucking balls at each other is just a distraction...

:D:D

B.VDBOS said:
Test cricket..........

No one understands the rules :scratch:
Goes at two miles an hour :eek:
Last for five days :dead:
And always ends in a draw :bawling:

pinkmouse said:

Now, as a born Yorkshireman, I have to point out the flaws in your argument here about the fine sport of Test Cricket.

You don't actually watch the game!

You just sit around at the ground in the sun, listen to the radio and drink beer. The fact that a dozen or so blokes are strolling around, dressed in white, chucking balls at each other is just a distraction...

:D:D

Yeah but that's only cause we win all the games.

Daniel-A said:
for me it's curling and (sorry fellow american) baseball. I look at the news to know what happen at a baseball game. Most of the time it take less than 10 sec. There's three 4 "players" really working: catcher, pitcher, first base...referee!!!
As for curling the players are the only one screeming all the time.

Daniel

Gotta agree with you about baseball if it is being watched on TV. I'd rather watch paint dry. Actually being there is another thing. Nothing is finer than being at Fenway on a warm spring afternoon with a few friends, an overpriced beer, peanuts, a dog or two, and a reasonable view of the field.

speaker

I'm assumng, Daniel, that you are speaking of spectator sports?

Well the nice thing is you don't have to watch them.

Daniel-A said:
for me it's curling Daniel

Them's fightin' words in some parts of this country.

slowmotion said:
I have to say soccer,
the most boring sport ever invented
cheers ;)

Don't know what to say, you're talking about the world's most popular sport here.

I am just wondering where we are trying to go with this thread.

Cal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.