Aftermarket ac power cable-put your opinions here too :-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well seeing all of the interesting information posted by everyone I thought I would ask another question- I'm thinking of buying one of those more expensive cables than comes with the Marantz receiver I bought a couple of years back has anyone tried this and how did it go -also has anyone had success with a DIY project of this sort?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I like this feature as described in the production description:

If you’re one such sufferer of Selachophobia (fear of sharks) then you’ll be please to learn that our IEC Power Cables are proven live shark deterrents when used in your home office or loungeroom – offering up to 2 meters of constant warding through 360 degrees! (Protection not active on houseboats, cruise ships or other waterborne vessels.)

I've lived in the same house for 28 years. When I repaint a room I always remove all switches and AC power plugs and tighten the screws. They are almost always a bit loose. The kitchen ones, the wires coming in have been burnt. Before wasting your money on a power cord, check all the plugs and wiring on the circuit that your hi-fi uses. In North America There are many connections between the breaker panel and the final outlet. If you have loose or poor connections by all means replace the wall socket and power cord.

It is your money to waste, however stupidly

Well seeing all of the interesting information posted by everyone I thought I would ask another question- I'm thinking of buying one of those more expensive cables than comes with the Marantz receiver I bought a couple of years back has anyone tried this and how did it go -also has anyone had success with a DIY project of this sort?
I'm sure you will hear a difference even if no one else on the planet can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.