Silver RCA Cable-share your experience, opinions here!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I take it no one has tried the Nordost product, so you really don't know for sure if it works?

Personally, I have enough of an education to understand the disparity between their advertising and the laws of physics, electrical theory, etc.

Given that, why would I waste money on such a charlatan adventure when I can spend the money where logic, science, and engineering dictate I can actually solve a problem.

If I win the lottery I'll be sure to buy one of each and report my findings.

If you would like to send me such a cable, I would be glad to assess it to the best of my ability and return it to you in the condition I received it.

Last edited:
The problem is that audiophiles know that what they do is scientific.

Cable

Cable testing

From the comments:
"Patrick821 3 years ago
It's not a sock, it's whitewood tree fiber. Standard heatshrinks reduce audio quality in many ways. Tree fiber is the most neutral material. And when combined with the black crystals, it takes detail performance to another world."

Tree fibre and black crystals. That's what I've been lacking in my life.

And I never realised that the fields created by the Polyolefin reduced the audio quality. Must be the macromolecules formed by the polymerization of olefin monomer units..

:confused:

Well no there isn't, but believe what you want. If there was a no cost trial process I would gladly try them, post free both ways 30 day trial no problem.

Here you go Scott, you have free shipping and 60 days to try it. Put it on a credit card and return before the pay date. The only thing it will cost you is time and shipping back to the vendor. How about it?

Nordost - QRT QKore Ground Unit

Here you go Scott, you have free shipping and 60 days to try it. Put it on a credit card and return before the pay date. The only thing it will cost you is time and shipping back to the vendor. How about it?

Nordost - QRT QKore Ground Unit

Sorry foreign shipping is very expensive, I am only interested in a trial that has no cost to me at all, not 1 cent. Frankly at those margins what do they have to lose? They should be like some of my Amazon purchases where they simply credit your card and tell you to trash what they sent.

Last edited:
Sorry foreign shipping is very expensive, I am only interested in a trial that has no cost to me at all, not 1 cent. Frankly at those margins what do they have to lose? They should be like some of my Amazon purchases where they simply credit your card and tell you to trash what they sent.

That company is in the US. You are taking the easy way out Scott. You wanted to try it and I gave you a way.

Thanks for your reply.

I am familiar with the concept of ground loops, but the information about the frequency selective signal return paths is new to me.

I will have a good look at your gallery in the hope of learning more. :cool:

Return current takes the path of least impedance.
At DC that is obviously the path with the least DC resistance, above that it a combination as the inductance gets more and more impact. The inductance of the loop, established by the send current path and the return current path, gets lower if the loop area is minimised.

So at high frequencies the inductance is the main factor, at DC it is the DC resistance.
In between there is a transition band where both mechanism contributein a variable relation.
Whenever several return path ways exist there will occur a split according to the relation of the path impedances.

The audio frequency band is located within this transition region.
So that is surely an important variable in the cable game, especially when considering the case of asymmetrical connection between the devices.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.