Review of AC Power Filter Power Conditioner bought online

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a review of the AC Power Filter. I included the link below:

Amazon.com: AC Power Filter Power Conditioner - WAudio AC Power Purifier with Surge Protector: Musical Instruments

I am sure there are a lot of skeptics but after installing this piece of equipment, there is an definite improvement in sound. There are three clear improvements:
1. The bass is better damped. Before, the sound was slightly warm probably due to some mid bass bump or under-damped if you will. Now, the bass is better defined.
2. The treble is slightly clearer, smoother and the sound is more balance. There is something about it that is cleaner.
3. Overall, the sound is better integrated. There is a certain ease of flow. It's just more natural. My 2cents.

Given the price, it is highly very recommended.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
No UL or ETL approval. Be really cautious. Its metal so less likely to cause a fire but still lack of safety approval is not a good sign on an expensive device.

The filtering is listed at 10 dB from 2 KHz to 100 KHz. That could be good or really poor, depending. You need to see a curve.

Its a nice case for a DIY filter product but still not recommended if you don't really know what you are doing. The AC outlet in a US house can easily deliver more that 500A in peak fault current before the breaker will open. To meed the safety requirements there are a lot of specific tests and requirements for gaps, distances and insulation materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.