Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Yanny

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Somthing Else

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I believe that the tonal balance makes a difference, but isn't the whole story. Certainty with better FR, I usually hear Laurel. But not always (car radio). The surprising thing was to hear it slowly change from Yarry to Laurel on the same speakers.

I now constantly hear both at the same time. The first time i heard it it was Yammy, all morning. That day i had spicy jamaican jerk chicken and right after lunch it was a very clear Laurel. Later in the day it was back to Yammy. Spicy thai food and Laurel again for a while. It never went back to a full Yammy.

I now constantly hear both at the same time. The first time i heard it it was Yammy, all morning. That day i had spicy jamaican jerk chicken and right after lunch it was a very clear Laurel. Later in the day it was back to Yammy. Spicy thai food and Laurel again for a while. It never went back to a full Yammy.
Good idea! We spice up some food (roasted pork) with laurel leaves (bay leaves). Perhaps I'll try before/after eating...

Seems incredible, maybe this Yanni/Laurel case seems to show if one born in English language his brain understanding capabilities are narrowed for Latin languages?

Here 2 persons over 50yo always hear clearly Laurel and Yanni in various YT links, these words are too different to mess up, unless there are some unkow reason.

I suppose Mr.Doug Johnson has difficult to tell apart these simple words why he is native in English language and these words are originating from Latin languages, so wondrously his brain may not have the ability to understand these words clearly, maybe the problem is not physical/auditory/cerebral but cultural.

Then the language part of his mind is atrophied for Latin languages, obviously this pretense similarity between these words Yanni/Laurel only exists for English native language speaking people, for people native in Latin languages as French, Spanish, Portuguese this difficulty of understanding does not exist,I can asure you all the difference between Yanni/Laurel are clearly audible, the difference is as night and day.

Also very strange that all videos assume that the viewers people will not differentiate these two words? subliminal manipulation?

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
It is very odd, I tried with headphones, I could swear that the very first utterance was not Laurel but not sure what it was, and then every single one after that was clearly Laurel.

Closing the tab and re-opening and it was Laurel all the way.

Tony.

It is very odd, I tried with headphones, I could swear that the very first utterance was not Laurel but not sure what it was, and then every single one after that was clearly Laurel.

Closing the tab and re-opening and it was Laurel all the way.

Tony.

First word sound as "Yaurel" and second word sound as "Laurel". I listen from youtube using cheap headphone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.