'Superfans' buy more than two-thirds of all vinyl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2016
Paid Member
“in 2015 a BBC/ICM poll found that almost half (48%) of the vinyl records people buy never get played.”

That’s sad.

A portion of that will be the superfans who will buy everything from an artist they can get their hands on - 12" mixes, imports with different sleeves, bootlegs? some serious collectors might buy one to play and then another for "collection"?

Yes - I agree billshurv £400 spend in a year is a pretty low bar to qualify as a superfan. I imagine a high proportion of this forum's membership would be well to the far side of the bell curve with regards to spending on music.

For myself for the last 25years it has been exclusively cds, partly because they are safer around kids/novices and also on account of them taking up less room (I hate that most new releases now come in digipacks as they make footprint of my collection bloom - jewel cases get tossed and everything goes in archive sleeves which fit nicely into the drawer of Ikea bedroom furniture to which is added a 15mm ply base to cope with the weight - at some point I will need to upgrade the runners so that I can access the last 5cm of the drawer.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.