Going under the knife tomorrow for a rotator cuff tear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Those pain meds are good for allowing some sleep during the first few days, but the clear and apparent side effect of becoming constipated is rarely considered, and the misery nearly makes it not worth it if you don't take counter measures. A decent doctor would address this, unfortunately most do not.
Hope you are sleeping well enough without...

My nurse wife dealt with this often. The solution is mag citrate, coffee and prune juice also known as a crapachino.

Ibuprofen beware

YouTube

YouTube

Gajanan Phadte

I'd call that conspiracy theory. For sure, any drug also offers more or less adversory effects, but as long as the wanted effect predominates, it's use is justified sufficiently. Please avoid abuse. If in doubt, consult your physician.

Eat millet preparation daily to speed up the recovery.

Gajanan Phadte

Do you really believe in obscure preparations like that?

Best regards!

I'd call that conspiracy theory. For sure, any drug also offers more or less adversory effects, but as long as the wanted effect predominates, it's use is justified sufficiently. Please avoid abuse. If in doubt, consult your physician.

Do you really believe in obscure preparations like that?

Best regards!

You surely have not heard of 'Depopulation'. Cancer is a business more than a disease. Heard of canabbis oil, baking soda, Rick Simpson, cutting of coconut trees in US...

By preparation, I meant anything you can make from the millet flour, in your kitchen. This is not anybody's product. The millet is rich in minerals and it aids cure faster, even a fractured bone.

Gajanan Phadte

Last edited:
By preparation, I meant anything you can make from the millet flour, in your kitchen. This is not anybody's product. The millet is rich in minerals and it aids cure faster, even a fractured bone.
Gajanan Phadte

@Gajanan: Have you ever seen the Akira Kurosaswa classic "Seven Samurai" -- the peasant farmers complain that all they have to eat is millet (at one point in the movie!).

@Gimp: Easy does it.

chrisb, when did you have surgery?

No surgery for the rotator cuff- just highly inflamed / irritated - more like carpal tunnel syndrome. Recovery is slow as much due to my complete lack of discipline with the exercises as anything. On that subject I don’t suffer from lack of self awareness.

It was probably at least 5yrs or so ago that I had my exploratory adventures and participated in a clinical trial for treatment of BPH - which has not yet advanced enough to be a major concern. Not a huge amount of fun, that prostate biopsy - something like 12 “samples” with a probe that reminded me something from H R Giger’s sketchbook- but certainly less life threatening and lifestyle changing as colo-rectal cancer, or ruptured aortal aneurysms that have visited those near to me since then.

Aside from arthroscopic surgery for ruptured meniscus in right knee, and “gentleman’s family planning” surgery about 34yrs ago, I’ve not been under the knife for anything major.

One hefty man was asking me for remedy for reducing weight, and he told that he eats millet rotis daily in the morning for breakfast. Told him to take ACV and eat the millet, occasionally as it is not good for the liver as it contains too much minerals. One doctor had told this to my wife in response to eating white radish daily. He said, good for the heart but not good for the liver.

Gajanan Phadte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.