12v 5AH powersonic F1 + 6x500F super capacitors jump vehicle?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Check your attitude then and I won't troll you in the future. if you wind somebody up then expect them to bite you on the finger.

You came into this thread and took my post out of context then said that I was scaremongering, then proclaimed to the world that I knew nothing about batteries at all.

Because:
A) You didn't read the first post of this thread, wherein a person is using a 5AH SLA battery in a car and possibly exceeding the current ratings of the battery. You ignored the fact that any battery, no matter what its chemistry, when the current rating is exceeded, will heat up and possibly fail. You don't appear to know the existence of a current limitation on any battery.

You did not take my post into account of the fact that I was replying to a person who was using a 5AH sla battery, instead you generalized my statements and said that "ALL SLA batteries" are ok and safe and so on in any situation in a car. Not true. Not when the charger, in this case an alternator, is being used to charge a small 5AH SLA battery.

'Very limited battery capacity +supercaps' as a pleasing bodge have other issues long-term. But being exposed to full alternator output voltage while it works isn't one of them, unless alternator 'load dumps' - now not limited because the real 'battery' is tiny capacity - take the supply rail outside what the supercaps can stand for long enough to damage one. That would be my first thought, but it's a totally different issue from your scaremongering.
You are here ignoring the fact that my post involved stating that a dead 5AH SLA battery when charged from a large enough current source such as a 80 amp alternator will be damaged, because the battery will draw excessive current.

You cannot charge a small 5AH battery from a large battery charger intended for charging a 1000AH battery bank and expect it not to overheat and I'm suprised I have to explain this to a self proclaimed expert on SLA batteries.

Now to set things straight on my end, yes flooded batteries are actually more dangerous than SLA batteries, apparently: Exploding lead acid batteries | Business Queensland

Last edited:
LOL,

Trolled becomes the troll.

You CAN charge a 5AH battery off a charger for a 1000AH.
You dont want to be doing it for long though.
Connecting a 5AH bat to charge direct of a cars charging system is no biggy - just do the math for charge time and off you go.

'Flooding' is so rare it's 'chicken lip', most batteries die from miss-use, lack of maintenance and / or poor charging.

Sensational "it's gonna go boom" shout-downs smacks of being a brat throwing a tantrum... so Congratulations, I mentally file thee as such.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
LOL,

Trolled becomes the troll.

You CAN charge a 5AH battery off a charger for a 1000AH.
You dont want to be doing it for long though.

You mean like how its permanently connected in a car? :whazzat:

Which is why I was giving the example in the first place.

Tell me what would happen if you actually did what you said?

Sensational "it's gonna go boom" shout-downs smacks of being a brat throwing a tantrum... so Congratulations, I mentally file thee as such.
Actually read my posts. I don't mean the latest posts, I mean the first three posts that I made.

Do the first three posts that I made to this thread justify a reply like "scaremongering"?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.