Bananas for tinitus!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
And why would you assume I only read the headlines?
Because you said this:
Both studies came to the same conclusion: the best of the modern violins were better than any of the 'Strads used in the studies.
Which is not true. A least not according to the people actually involved in the tests. Your stated conclusion is the sensation of headlines, not the actual results. But hey, it makes a better tag line, doesn't it?

I think it's time for banana ice cream.

If you read the whole thing you would see that one of the participants complained it was taken out of context, and the Classic Violin that person had played, took around 3 years to start getting accustomed to. Modern Violins are more "standardized", does not mean they are better, but they may be easier to master.

Edit:
Got some pills with some of the minerals mentioned in the article, sometimes the noise in my left ear "flickers" now. I did not honestly expect any improvement at all. Just an ocassional flicker is more than I could have hoped for, and so very good to get a few seconds "noise free" existence. I know that many have more problems with Tinitus than me, but still, it is very bothersome, and a great feeling to just have some few seconds with less noise, it is a big relief.
If this helps my hearing deteriorate slower, it is a big win for me. And it is not a big cost, does not cause any discomfort or pain. Just a few supplements.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Oye va. Enough going round in circles. I don't care any more.
Well I do, because the press spun these tests to sensation and attention grabbing headlines. That's what people remember. So we get a false impression of the tests, a false impression that gets repeated over and over, and is used to validate others things - when the reported impression was wrong in the first place. Oy vey indeed!

This is why we can't have nice things. :p

^ What pills containing which minerals?

Mentioned it early in the thread, post 8:
Potassium levels decrease with age and contribute to hearing loss
Zinc deficiency is linked to tinnitus and sensorineural hearing loss
Magnesium helps protect ears against noise-induced hearing loss
Increasing consumption of fish and Omega-3 fatty acides could help preserve cochlear function

So an occasional banana, + some zinc and magnesium tablets (I did up the dose the first 2-3 days to hammer possible deficiensies), and keeping my strict fish oil regime.

Edit:
On the OT side:
Other than that it's just the usual getting on one of my bicycles to do some uphill battles, or chopping trees for firewood a few times a week.
Got myself a cheap 36v battery powered chainsaw too! It's very quiet, nice to have some toys.
My old one is also electric, but the cable is a pain to drag around.

Last edited:
Health industry involves world's top leading snake oil and that is a long time before electronics arrive...

I was reading those articles and I had the same impression as when a newbie in electronics :rolleyes: finds how to eliminate psu ripple just to end to a very high impedance... Milk is vital for children and nature made them able to digest it. Milk will help to increase calsium levels up to the age of 25. From there on the best we can do is maintain those levels. Eventualy, they will start decreasing no matter what we do. Osteoblasts will die together with the rest of us :p and not because of overloading. But there is a problem with milk and older people because we gradually loose the ability to digest it. Vitamin D means nothing without the sun and that is surely missed in Norway.

Our body needs a tiny amount of potassium daily. Perhaps one bite of a banana? I don't know for sure. If there is no banana around we will take potassium from other sources. It could be many things, even junk food but then it will come along with fat and Exxx. But this isn't a reason not to eat those if you want my humble opinion. Just don't eat only that. And not only bananas.

Australia was found in the middle of this. It makes me wonder... It surely is in the middle of America and Asia. Is there a chinese competitor for united fruit?

PS. Banana is oneof the most easier word to type!

you really need to study it more on your facts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.