John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
They called that the "feelies" I thought.

and it was not film projected on a huge screen. it was digital projector... 4K or better.

it was fun entertainment. another dimension applied. it was a "like" experience but no one was fooled into thinking it was like a real experience.

I can imagine it getting refined also. Towards a serious VR experience.

-RM

Last edited:
And how did this make the film more enjoyable?

"Going to the Feelies this evening, Henry?" enquired the Assistant Predestinator. "I hear the new one at the Alhambra is first-rate. There's a love scene on a bearskin rug; they say it's marvelous. Every hair of the bear reproduced. The most amazing tactual effects..."
"Take hold of these knobs on the arms of your chair," whispered Lenina. "Otherwise, you won't get any of the feely effects."
The Savage started. That sensation on his lips! He lifted a hand to his lips; the titillation ceased; let his hand fall back on the metal knob; it began again...

Joined 2016
Paid Member
If watching a good film I don't notice it's not 3D. The brain accepts you are watching something that should be 3D and sees it that way. 3D movies are all false looking - I've seen avatar too. Feels less 3D than a plain movie. I think that's why they don't catch on, it's a gimmick to get more cash that no-one needs.
What's next? 3D books..? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.