Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 09:45 AM   #6721
simon7000 is offline simon7000  United States
diyAudio Member

RNM,

Different tests give different results. The GFR is the definative test but takes a day. Creatinine levels are more commonly used to estimate GFR around here. The local lab for some reason had my height at 5' 9" and 135 Lbs. so converting the creatinine level to GFR gave very bad results.

As to a transplant around here that is an option until age 85!

As I suspect you have been informed a common cause of kidney failure is an enlarged prostate blocking urine flow causing a backup, damaging the kidneys.

Best of luck.

Last edited by simon7000; Yesterday at 09:47 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #6722
Tonyb is offline Tonyb
diyAudio Member

Get well soon, Richard.

My uncle was on a dialysis machine for 15 years having a good life.
It was in France where the health care system provided a small
briefcase size home machine. He did not have to go to a hospital.
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #6723
RNMarsh is offline RNMarsh  United States
diyAudio Member

WoW... that is encouraging news. Because, really a transplant is the best way to go these days.... they don't bother removing the old one - just graft on another and away you go. But, in the meantime, dialysis would be a temp solution..... at home, small machines... do it while you are sleeping at night. Minimal down time.
I am looking into stem cells -- they do a kind of general over -all approach but R&D is closing in on a cure with them. Who knows how long that will be.

I have heard Damirs amp design with several small and large speakers while here in Bangkok... Sound is best I ever heard from anything. If I live another hundred years, I would be happy to keep it running that long, too. But they weigh in at 70Kg. OMG I need 2. Shipping? I am afraid to ask. But, I will send funds to Mfr to start on my pair. Due to low mfring cost over here and low overhead, a retail store price in Asia could be kept to 15-20K USD. I recommend anyone wanting to build it for themselves for cost of materials and your own free labor to do so. It may be your last amp.

Pictures to follow....

-Richard

Last edited by RNMarsh; Today at 12:52 PM.

John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part IIIHide this!Advertise here!