Best Buy never gave me my refund for an order I cancelled

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was always been happy with them, never had a problem, it's the last reliable computer/electronics chain store around. Comp USA, circuit city, hh Gregg and other ones are gone , but Best Buy is still going.I think they are doing a good job.
but now , how did they take the money before the item to be picked up? Was your item an non returnable item? Sometimes you wait up to 90 days until the money are back in your account.
If you know it's no fault in your part I would contact the credit card company explaining the situation. I wish you good luck .

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Dispute it with the credit card company. They work for you. (Well, they work for their own greed, but that nominally includes keeping you happy.)

If it is "only" stuck in BestBuys system, the dispute will shake it up.

Don't sit on it. There is a limit how far-back the CC company will reverse a charge.

Just yesterday I called BB and talked with someone at their corporate headquarters, and they said that they'd mail me a check for the refund. Okay.. Today I get a call from someone else there, at first they thought it was about a price match guarantee, but I told them it was supposed to be a refund for an order I cancelled. Fine they say (after they found my case) but instead of a check in the mail, they would send the refund to the credit card company. I'm fine with that. But it seems the people at BB are not trained or know how to do anything beyond taking money when you buy something. I did get an email with a refund receipt, something I hadnt seen from them before. So, maybe, just maybe the refund might actually finally happen? ...

It's certainly been my experience that most of the "sales" staff at BB, and the previous FutureShop / Circuit City big box stores received most of their training from reading the summaries for products on the weekly "spiff" list.

Just monitor your CC account on-line to ensure the merchant refund goes through, and in the same amount as original charges.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.