Dec 6th's infamy in Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Works very well in Microsoft Edge 41.16299.15.0 (quickest load time, very good rendering)

Also Firefox Quantum 57.0, and Opera 49.0 in that order.

Rendering in Firefox was roughly, but perhaps not fully equivalent to Edge, Opera was a bit coarser overall and took slightly longer to load.

All IMO worked acceptably well. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, all browsers are 64 bit.

Attempts to open the Halifax link in IE11 or Firefox redirects my computer to one of several nastyware sites, reimage plus, "your flash player is out of date" reload our new virus infected version, or the bright red screen with the voice telling me that my PC has been locked by Microsoft and I need to call the 1-800-rip me off number. The reset button is the only way out. Of course the virus and malware scanners find nothing compromised on the PC.

As I walked to work the other day through a neighborhood that has a lot of rundown older houses (slowly gentrifying) I was wondering how many of them predated 1917. Most of them may have been built and/or repaired after the explosion. A few blocks away there are some buildings from the 1790s, pretty close to the harbour but a fair distance south of the epicenter of the blast. There are also a number of stone buildings from Victorian times on Brunswick St. No doubt they lost their windows in 1917.

This year at 9:04 AM on the 6th all the ships in the harbour blew their horns, and church bells tolled.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.