• 61 - 70

Votes: 123 20.2%
  • 71 - 80

Votes: 25 4.1%
  • 81 onwards

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll be moving to the other side of the bell curve here this year. :/

[EDIT] Just noticed, apparently the bell curve will be moving too. Never mind... :/

[EDIT] Wait: Does the poll track birth date, or age? If the latter, then the data is corrupt, right?

Never mind... :/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Problem is there are too many of us humans. The world is already overpopulated and nothing is being done to control this logarithmic expansion. If the human race went totally vegan/vegetarian we would mess up the world totally. The amount of agricultural land needed to survive as vegan/vegetarians is astronomical. And, where would all the animals live/eat that we would not be eating/milking et al.

As a species we are not built to process vegetarian only foods. We require protein/vitamins/minerals from animal products

I would be inclined to disagree.

There is much more, going on, than we readly

Can see.

Not being articulate enuff to explain,

Imma just leave this at that.

And this -

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BhAB&usg=AOvVaw1diP4eGoZPLbuXylvsf3P-&ampcf=1

I have had a garden for every year since 1975, except three years.

I understand what it takes to grow vegetables, and most of the articles I see about indoors growing are idealistic nonsense.

Look at the second picture with banks of grow lights in the background. It it takes more energy to grow the plants than they are worth.

Sunlight makes growing vegetables economical because it is free energy.

Take away the free energy and the cost exceeds the benefit.

Cost benefit analysis.

Problem is there are too many of us humans. The world is already overpopulated and nothing is being done to control this logarithmic expansion. If the human race went totally vegan/vegetarian we would mess up the world totally. The amount of agricultural land needed to survive as vegan/vegetarians is astronomical. And, where would all the animals live/eat that we would not be eating/milking et al.

As a species we are not built to process vegetarian only foods. We require protein/vitamins/minerals from animal products as much as we need vegetables/berries/nuts and unprocessed and unrefined starches. The obesity/diabetes rate is directly linked to all the processed foods etc., and lack of exercise. Our basic human biology is based on an omnivorous diet.

Mother nature is based around a balance (a fine one at that.) That is something that politicians, religious leaders/zealots et al, and the the average human has to come to terms with. Everything on this planet is based around "balance."

Excuse the rant - but sometimes it is quite cathartic.

Kevin:tilt::tilt:

Kevin - that's all very funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Just in case anyone thought Kevin's satirical humour was serious please be assured copious scientific research into diet, health and downstream environmental consequences has yielded an unequivocal body of evidence that if every human on the planet were to only eat a plant based food i.e. a vegan diet then:

1. Greenhouse gas production would significant decrease
2. Land needed for agriculture would significantly decrease
3. Humans would be significantly healthier with less cardiovascular disease, less obesity, less diabetes and less cancers.

Disclosure. Im afraid I'm not vegan although I follow the research in my scientific field and therefore I'm just another dumb ***.

65 and still active, most recently I built Linkwitz LXmini and an amp to power them based on Neurochrome Modulus 86 & Parallel 86...both very satisfying projects. I am looking now for a preamp project to select two sources (Squeezebox Touch and the output of an RJM Phonoclone head amp) and provide volume control. That may be my last build as I basically have what I need and SMDs are not my cup of tea!

I think I was about 14 when I bought my first solder & Weller pencil iron at Radio Shack. I used them to wire a DPDT center-off switch, a headphone jack, and a pair of 1/4" jacks on the back of our family's Zenith console stereo in the living room, to connect extension speakers in my sister's bedroom at the other end of the house.

Eventually, when I acquired my own stereo speakers in my room, the DPDT was replaced with a 4-position rotary switch in an aluminum box. The trusty Zenith was our first music server, heh. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.