Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

radiation in mine home from nabure.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd November 2017, 01:08 AM   #11
HarryY is offline HarryY  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusFly View Post
Now that is a good suggestion. Get a decent aluminum siding put in and make the house look good too while cutting down on RF ingress into the house.
I have aluminum siding it actually does cut down on the signals inside my house.

My cell phone works Much better by a window or outside
Old 2nd November 2017, 01:20 AM   #12
Ultima Thule is offline Ultima Thule  Europe
diyAudio Member

No, that's not how RF energy behaves, an added ground wire would just alter the length of the total conductive path and the type of frequencies it would pick up and resonate with, even a very short path is a reactive inductor with some impedance depending on the frequency, as little as centimeters or millimeters, think of the coming 5G mobile system.

A Faraday's cage could work, but it only attenuates.
The most practical thing would be to build a "small" box just around the bed and cover it with lossy ferrite plates, as a bonus it would dampen noise from noisy neighbors which is the reason I have been thinking of building such box, that instead of installing inner floor, wall, roof with damping material in between, if I had the means I would buy a house but that's far from within reach.

Last edited by Ultima Thule; 2nd November 2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 2nd November 2017, 04:24 AM   #13
simon7000 is offline simon7000  United States
diyAudio Member

At those frequencies aluminum foil will do a nice job of shielding. It does not need to be grounded. You can glue it up like wall paper using a glue that will stick to the aluminum. You can then paint it. Special aluminum primers will help with the adhesion. Better still wipe the surface down with strong lye soap and dry it first.

You probably only need to shield one wall. For a window I would get solar film meant to keep the heat out.

There also are public health laws that limit such exposure.
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:20 AM   #14
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryY View Post
Aluminum Siding
Aluminium does nothing, need steel, aluminium non ferro metal.

rf case need steel for isolate sections.

I have a big piece of stainless steel behind me, this did stop ear ticks, but now is the signal other place stronger, this means it is a data link transmittor, that is illegal.
or the smart meter

regards
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:21 PM   #15
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Aluminium shields RF, possibly better than steel. Stainless steel has lower conductivity, so worse at shielding.
Old 2nd November 2017, 02:04 PM   #16
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
aluminum foil will do a nice job of shielding.....Aluminium does nothing, need steel.....Aluminium shields RF, possibly better than steel
At the frequencies discussed here aluminum should work fine. Aluminum siding kills cell phone and TV reception quite well. Of course the signals will still come in through the windows unless you replace the plastic window screen with aluminum screen. The only place where steel had an advantage is at far lower frequencies, and close distances where the wave propagation has a strong magnetic component. 50 / 60 Hz power line interference usually responds better to steel (or Mu metal).

The picture you showed has several scattered pulses over several GHz of spectrum. This is not characteristic of most communications systems except for possibly some covert military spread spectrum system. It could be some sort of purpose built jammer, but what was it's intended target? Frequencies this high are not that easy to generate, especially over that much bandwidth.

That meter most likely is a sampled system. It sweeps a receiver over the intended frequency range and measures a power level at it's internal intermediate frequency (IF). If a high powered pulse at a lower frequency, or near the IF frequency hits that meter hard enough it will generate the random scattered pulses you show. Do repeated readings produce the same pattern, or a different random pattern? If so you may be looking in the wrong frequency range, especially if the meter has a plastic case with minimal internal shielding over the RF circuitry.

Do you see or hear coincident pulses in radio or TV reception? Is any electronic equipment in your house being interfered with?

Unplug every electronic device in your house, or better still, kill the line (mains) power outside the house, and repeat the measurements inside the house to verify that the interference is from an outside source.

When I first moved into this house an AM radio would not function. Almost 3 years later, it still doesn't. This was true even before the house was built. There is a steady tick tick tick sound that makes it too irritating to listen to the radio. Some people blamed the small airport on a nearby hill, but I took a portable radio up there and it works fine. Wandering the half mile road where we live reveals that the signals are strongest from the neighbor's house. Killing their power via the outside breaker stops the tick. They are an elderly couple with minimal electronics in their house, so it is not intentional, but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm guessing that it's a set of contacts arcing on something.
Old 2nd November 2017, 03:07 PM   #17
JMFahey is offline JMFahey  Argentina
diyAudio Member

You are being doused in X Band Radar signals, for purposes unknown:
Quote:
X band - 8 to 12 GHz - 2.5 cm to 3.75 cm - missile guidance, marine and weather radar, ground surveillance
FWIW *I* was doused in high power Marine Radar pulses, so strong I did not need a sensitive detector such as yours, I got the " .... tick - Tick - TICK - TICK - TICK - Tick - tick ... 15 seconds silence - repeat " through my TV , wall phone, any amplifier, cellphone, *anywhere* -

Until I found the cause: I live in Buenos Aires old river Port, 60 meters away from the water line, surrounded by ship repair shops, and this Spanish fissing vessel was being repaired, anchored straight on my street-and-waterline corner.
Click the image to open in full size.

They were testing their navigation Radar full power, which is illegal while anchored at a port (there is a low power mode for that).
Old 2nd November 2017, 03:33 PM   #18
scott wurcer is offline scott wurcer  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima Thule View Post
Several years ago I read an intriguing claim by researchers Örjan Hallberg of Hallberg Independent Research in Sweden and Ollie Johansson of The Karolinska Institute in Sweden who have looked into the correlation between electromagnetic fields and the type of steel coil spring beds that are so common in the western world, I tried to find the original article but couldn't find it, but maybe some of the following links can answer some of your inquiries.
Did you ever notice the difference in your arm coloration due to which side you drive on? Also the use of cars is far less in much of Asia. Statistics are easy to spin.
Old 2nd November 2017, 04:12 PM   #19
Johnny2Bad is offline Johnny2Bad  Canada
diyAudio Member

Aluminum-faced insulation is a better alternative. Use aluminum tape to connect panels or rolls. Your home will be warmer (or cooler, as the case may be) for less cost as a bonus. You can install it on the outside or inside walls. A budget installation would be to carefully remove the old siding, and re-install it once finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
Did you ever notice the difference in your arm coloration due to which side you drive on? Also the use of cars is far less in much of Asia. Statistics are easy to spin.
Arm colour? Are you referring to the suntan you get on the same side of your body as the vehicle drive controls (LH in North America, EU, RH in UK, Japan, Jamaica, etc)? Solar UV rays penetrate clothing; you don't need bare arms to experience it.
" ... Go back to the beginning of a technology before the priesthood was established; that was the time when people were communicating information, not proving why there needs to be Priests. This is why the old texts tend to be so good. ..."

Last edited by Johnny2Bad; 2nd November 2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 2nd November 2017, 04:36 PM   #20
scott wurcer is offline scott wurcer  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny2Bad View Post
Arm colour? Are you referring to the suntan you get on the same side of your body as the vehicle drive controls (LH in North America, EU, RH in UK, Japan, Jamaica, etc)? Solar UV rays penetrate clothing; you don't need bare arms to experience it.
Yes the left side gets a lot more exposure to UV in many countries. In Japan for instance the amount of driving by women is statistically so much less than in the US I would at least factor it in. Is that more of a stretch than bed springs being just right to focus ambient E-field?

radiation in mine home from nabure.Hide this!Advertise here!