Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

DIY is dying
DIY is dying
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th October 2017, 09:52 PM   #291
VenusFly is offline VenusFly  Australia
diyAudio Member

While we're staying off topic here.

I had a wonderful dream.

I had a dream that I was a teen in the Kennedy years and I was John F Kennedy's son and at one point in the dream I was in middle school playing american football and then I got to watch one of the first rocket launches with dad (who was Kennedy).

Then I had a dream about high skyscrapers and I was on top of one trying to run away from zombies but I was too afraid to sail down and the wind was pulling my sail and me off the top of the building. So I decided to use a rope to get down. Oh well can't win them all.
"There is something to be said about the positive aspects of the inconvenience of vinyl. Music should be cherished like a precious gift from the gods in a once a month ritual, not beated out repeatedly on a daily basis. Don't be a digital junkie!"
Old 20th October 2017, 10:38 PM   #292
tobydog is offline tobydog  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I diy to learn. Mistakes

On the dream subject. Sometimes when falling asleep, while drifting away, if there's a sudden noise like a door slamming, I see a bright white flash with a black and white symmetrical crossword type pattern followed by being totally relaxed. Weird. Anyone else?
Old 20th October 2017, 10:41 PM   #293
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

DIY is dying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacose View Post
The uke has really been an interesting phenomenon.
Yes indeed it has, maybe like it was back in the 1920s. I knew a man who ran music shops for years in Florida. He loved selling ukuleles because "I never saw someone pick up a ukulele and not smile." That joy means a lot.

Of course I worked around music in Hawaii for years and there ukuleles are a part of the landscape - everyone plays, and at many different skill levels. Great fun.
Old 27th October 2017, 07:53 PM   #294
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

from a week or so ago, but as for music on the uke being "simple" - there are other virtuosos, but two words to start:

Jake Shimabukuru

JakeShimabukuro.com | The Official Website For Jake Shimabukuro!

DIY is dyingHide this!Advertise here!