Irma -- taking the toll

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here we go again....Maria may pose a threat to already damaged areas

Attachments

• Three.jpg
    Three.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 141
  • Three_.jpg
    Three_.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 134
I live in Titusville Fl. we lost power at 8:00PM on the tenth. I was taking care of my 100 year old mother at the time. She made it through the storm, but never heard it do to her bad hearing. On Tue. the 12 I could not wake her at midnight to try to feed her more water and ENSURE.
I called VITAS ( the hospice care she was using ) at 12:15 and they said that the on call nurse could not be there for a very long time because of the storm and if her breathing is not labored that I should wait for the daytime nurse to arrive at 10:00 in the morning.
At 4:30 I went in to check on her again (every 15 min ), she was breathing and sleeping but I could not awaken her. I went outside to smoke a cigarette and when I came back in she was no longer breathing.
100 years 10 months, 4 days

PS her final words to me were flash light, and I wrote to her on the white board - hurricane.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.