Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Deep Thoughts..
Deep Thoughts..
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2017, 11:49 PM   #21
Jim the Oldbie is offline Jim the Oldbie  United States
diyAudio Member

As I more frequently find myself standing in various places, wondering why in the hell did I come here, I'm discovering this to be a fairly accurate barometer for my general outlook at any given moment. Sometimes I'll stand there like a stubborn old mule and think, for f890's sake, I am not going back to the other room just so I can remember why I walked into this one! Other days I'll just think, oh, the hell with it, and turn on my heel almost immediately.
Old 13th August 2017, 01:04 AM   #22
kevinahcc20 is offline kevinahcc20  United States
diyAudio Member

The fundamental difference between the old and the young is that the old were once young and they have first hand experience that youth, while interesting is wildly overrated; the young have only been young and can be forgiven for imagining that youth is the only meaningful state of existence.
Old 13th August 2017, 01:14 AM   #23
HarryY is online now HarryY  United States
diyAudio Member

Deep Thoughts..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
Some years ago I found it more efficient to start this routine: always open the fridge and stare into it when going to the kitchen, it is most likely something inside there that was the purpose of going to that location.

It really does help, even if the purpose of going to the kitchen was something else entirely.

"Shuffle shuffle shuffle, squeak, hmmmm... Oh right! A sharp knife and one of those big tweezers for the barbeque."

Edit.
But if the item I was supposed to find has been delegated to a different shelf than last time, for reasons completely unknown to me, it will be surrounded by a field of invisibility, I get caught in an endless search until eventually giving up. So it does not always work.

Edit2:
If anyone knows a trick to disable the invisibility field around the things that are on the wrong shelf, please teach me!
For some reason my wifefinds it very amusing.

I put things back in the same spot.

When she moves them I simply have her come show me where she has put it
Old 13th August 2017, 02:44 AM   #24
Chris Daly is offline Chris Daly  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryY View Post

The next trick is to get her to put them back in the original spot, if you remember where that was !
and if you don't remember you can always ask her I suppose, thats if she remembers.

Last edited by Chris Daly; 13th August 2017 at 02:47 AM.
Old 13th August 2017, 07:37 AM   #25
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

I think the above scenario could be classified as one of those things that "doesn't really matter". I guarantee this is how she would see it and may just put the item where the sun don't shine saying something like...."Can you find it now?"
Old 13th August 2017, 08:31 AM   #26
Jim the Oldbie is offline Jim the Oldbie  United States
diyAudio Member

Ha! I used to work with a woman who was fond of saying (usually to me), "If it was up your *** you'd know where it is." I do miss her dearly. Not sure if the feeling is mutual.
Old 13th August 2017, 09:53 AM   #27
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryY View Post

Another frequent issue is when I do give up and call her for assistance, she ends up in the same situation.

Some people have understood the concept of tidying up as: stuff everything in random boxes and drawers so that most surfaces are devoid of items. When all boxes and drawers are eventually and inevitably filled to the brim, put items behind other larger objects.

This does not help me locate my tools and items I am actually currently using!
I can sit and work with something only to suddenly discover things are missing, "where did i put it?" I didn't actually put it anywhere....

But other than that I am a very happy and spoiled man.

Edit:
So maybe my words of wisdom can be:
Young people have ideals, strong opinions and wildly varying emotional states, older people have achieved variying degrees of grudgingly tolerating individual differences

Last edited by KaffiMann; 13th August 2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 13th August 2017, 10:42 AM   #28
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Young people think they invented everything, especially sex. All students are middle class communists. Old people are set in their ways and you can't tell them anything, particularly the over educated ones, you only have to look around this forum.
Old 13th August 2017, 12:15 PM   #29
kevinahcc20 is offline kevinahcc20  United States
diyAudio Member

"A 20 year old man who isn't a liberal has no heart...a 40 year old man who isn't a conservative has no brain" W.S.C.
Old 13th August 2017, 12:21 PM   #30
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
disable the invisibility field......For some reason my wifefinds it very amusing
When the random rearrangement scenario gets out of hand, try hiding her favorite coffee mug.......warning, you will only do this once!

Quote:
This does not help me locate my tools and items I am actually currently using!
I recently spent quite some time looking for a screwdriver that I had been using. When my wife told me to sit down and think about it for a while, it became obvious that it was in my pants pocket.

Note: don't shove a loaded paint brush in your pocket when the phone rings........

Deep Thoughts..Hide this!Advertise here!