Very annoyed about computer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just had to format the C drive and reinstall the 3 master cds and floppy together.Because computer kept going blue screen and freezing.
So I reinstalled all this and everything was back to normal for two days.
And now the computer is infected with a new horse trojan that my Norton Antivirus 2004[bought 1] can't even remove.
I'm saving pics to my documents,next day i look they are gone.Right mouse click dissappears after 1 hour and I get constantly disconnected from the net.

This damn horse trojan came from a so called download from 'microsoft' of realone player,also when I try to install everything now. A runtime error comes up and says 'do u wish to debug' LINE 955 Error Toolbar is undefined.:cannotbe: :cannotbe: :mad: :( :dodgy:

Computer is Packard Bell with Pentium 3 450mhz processor,10 gb hard disc,128 mb memory,windows 98 second edition.
Norton AntiVirus 2004 home edition and has been recently updated too.BT broadband with ALCATEL 512k modem.

So is the new Horse trojan causing all these problems and how can i remove the damn thing.:confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Otherwise I'd probably throw the harddrive and memory in the trash.Since this is my 20th time i had to format the c drive and then reinstall everything.:mad: :mad: :mad: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I am sure this is an unnecessary question, but have you updated
your antivirus program? It is recommended to so on a daily basis
since new viruses are spreading so quickly. Not that I do it that
often myself, but if you have a problem you must make sure to
update to the most recent version. The antivirus program should
have a function for update via the internet somewhere in the
menues.

Edit: Does the antivirus program detect the virus but cannot
remove it, or doesn't it even detect any problem? If the first
case, do you get any info about the name of the virus?

Makes sure your antivirus is up to date - to the day.

After that, the best answer is to have a backup image of your operating system, taken just after installation (clean).
That way, restoring your system takes only 10 minutes instead of hours.
PQ Drive Image is the one I used to use [before I went over to Mac :smug:] but there are freebies.

Use a few firewalls
Use a few antivirus programs(if u can afford,i cant evenafford 1 good one)

dont use xp unless you enjoy security being taken advantage of.
my old windows 95 pc never had 1 virus yet we used it for ten years on the net..and was unaffected by msblast etc etc....

Backup always...

i got msblast after i formated my pc-within 30seconds of turning my ZONE ALARM firewall off-as the trial period had ended.

when re installing OS's do it from scratch with a FULL FORMATTEd drive or else ur just laying ur house on a sandy foundation :)

Notice its 3 master cds,when windows 98 is only 1 cd, big brand names give u heaps of crap to install filling ur hard disk also.

Cheers and goodluck!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Bull,
are you sure there's a Trojan on your pc?

There is a know issue with XP and Realone causing a blue screen of death. The cure would be to disable all screensavers while downloading Realone.

Second, your runtime error is probably caused by the site(s) you visit. To avoid this you should disable the warnings by going to Tools menu -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> "Display a notification about every script error".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.