2017 POLL: Your own DIY speakers better than commercial ones?

How do you consider your DIY speakers compared to commercial ones ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I build my own speakers for the sake of fun while having the satisfaction of achieveing something with my own hands. Above all the product I designed sounds better than anything I have heard thus far in approximately the same league. The bang for buck ratio is with DIYed speakers at its maximum. Contrary to that, the aesthetics of my speakers is far below a professionally manufactured piece of loudspeaker furniture. Cheers!

Joined 2015
Paid Member
I'm sure on Mumsnet they have polls along the lines of "is your child much prettier/nicer/brighter/friendlier than all other children apart from your other children?". These polls will provide information with similar value to this thread.

That's a very interesting point of view. I can see how this could result in another 'measurement' vs 'subjectivity' debate.

Children are, for the moment are beyond compare and beyond measurement.:cool:

I'm naturally a big supporter of DIY Audio and especially speakers. At our Audio Club's DIY Speaker Contest, the quality of the entries has risen every time we've had the Contest. The last Contest featured speakers that were excellent by just about any standard and the winner of the Contest was also the subject of a meeting of the (Seattle Chapter) AES Meeting. Almost every top speaker designer started as a DIY Hobbyist, there really doesn't seem to any other way, AFAIK!

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.