Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

i went through Annihilation (2018) a few days ago.

It was a bit boring most of the time and most of of the acting and dialogues were a letdown, but nevertheless the directing, the mystery, images and hope for a good ending kept me away from disinterest and it paid off somewhat... so it was not all a disaster, fortunately.

Just saw «shape of water» , Del toro's latest...

Very well made with good actors in general good athmosphere, no doubt about it, BUT...

the story is kind of «cliché» .

it's a fantasy tale that is provocative yet a baby born could understand the movie... very odd.

To sum up: well directed but simple plot.

"Mutiny On The Bounty" (1935) Charles Laughton, Clark Gable, Franchot Tone - magnificent movie - - one source said production cost ~ $1,950,000 - about $36,000,000 in today's dollars - doubt it could be done anywhere near that cheap.

Last edited:
B&W Hammer minus the Transylvanians. Lately prefer old and sincere mediocre over new and audience-tested slick.

Attachments

• f7b7cf18aac07702ba76f04f25881432.jpg
    f7b7cf18aac07702ba76f04f25881432.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 115
A work colleague wanted to see "Solo" so I tagged along...

...and?
has the rose lost its bloom altogether, or was this just an aberration?

Caught Atomic Blonde the other night - damn but no matter what you might wanna say about the movie, that Charlize is something to watch. I didn't particularly want to enjoy "Fury Road", but she was the highlight for me in that as well, and guilty pleasure - Aeon Flux.

hmm, maybe I've just got a thing for ms T? - probably not the only one here

I watched Blade Runner 2049 for the 2nd time a few days ago. I know it was slammed a few pages back in this thread, but I still think it is the best science fiction movie ever made, except perhaps Alien, which I consider more horror movie than scifi.

The Glass Castle was also quite good.