Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

I watched The Rise Of Skywalker today at Marcus Theaters. Their Super DLX theater had a TON of exposed speakers for Dolby Atmos. The ceiling had about 20 speakers on mounts. The looked like they could be coaxials since they are cube shaped. Each wall has multiple PA style 2 way speakers with exposed waveguides. Those speakers were mounted upright. The theater has bigger speakers on the same walls mounted horizontally but all the drivers are covered by the grill. The upright speakers were all angled toward the back. The horizontal speakers were angled toward the opposite wall. There were more speakers on the back wall. I wish the subwoofers were exposed. The LFE was great during the movie!

Invisible Invaders (1959)
Not entirely unlike the infamous "Plan 9 From Outer Space", in that the alien invaders attack Earth by re-animating the dead, but less hilariously bad. Quite a lot of the movie is stock footage of various disasters and building demolitions. I'd still happily watch it again rather than endure another CGI-filled comic book movie.

Went out to watch the latest Star Wars last night as well. Sorry, I never go for the Atmos, etc options, I just go for the cheapest ticket which is Tuesdays, $8.09. I know some have been giving it mixed reviews, but I enjoyed it. Yes, it was over the top on CGI, but plot and dialogue have never been much in a Star Wars film.

We also went to the latest Star Wars movie for the first showing on opening day (10 something AM). The theater was not full and I got my tickets on Fandango about an hour before show time. We were at Universal Studios when the rain came, so we did our usual, head for the movie theater.

A couple days later the rain came again, so we went to see Ford VS Ferrari, mainly because I had several phone calls with Carroll Shelby in the mid 80s when Shelby and Ford were no longer friends. Lee Iacocca (also in the movie since he was a marketing manager at Ford) was the CEO of Chrysler and Shelby was turning up the boost on some FWD Dodges. He helped me build my boosted Dodge....and sold me a few K$ worth of "unbreakable" parts......none of them broke, but lots of other stuff did.

So George, you managed to waltz around giving any review or brief summary of the Star Bores movie.
Mountainman Bob - Crown Media gets a bad rap, I think. We happen to live in an area - the Pacific Northwest- that thanks to combination of year round mild enough weather, great range of photogenic venues, and government tax incentives is among their favourite filming locations for Christmas movies - sometimes half a dozen productions in a single season. No matter what else you can say about any one of them - “at least it wasn’t ‘Cats’”

managed to waltz around giving any review or brief summary of the Star Bores movie

Hey, I'm an old guy. I liked the original Star Trek TV series. Never watched any of the spin offs though. I have seen every Star Wars movie, but most were well after the theater release when they appeared on free TV. I am not a big movie fan, and have gone years between trips to the theater. Sherri will watch them all, any time they appear on TV even if she has seen them a dozen times. Ditto the Harry Potter, Hunger games or Divergent movies. For me, once is enough.

This particular theater has reclining lounge chairs in every one of it's 50 to 60 seat theaters, a full bar in the lobby and a good sound system. I have a short attention span and will usually get bored or lost before the movie ends, especially if it constantly jumps between several different intertwined plots. At least these two movies kept my interest all the way through.

at least it wasn’t ‘Cats

Sherri wanted to see that one......I exercised my veto powers.

Once upon a time in Hollywood.. slow movie but worth it just for the scene with Brad Pitt and his dog taking down the wd be murderers

My brother also thinks this.

But personally, although the direction was very refined, i thought the story and characters in general could have been a little more «over the top». Instead, i think it is Tanrantino that went «under the top» with his slow pacing and lack of meaningful scenes that left me on my appetite. I think brad Pitt was sort of good, but Dicaprio (which was more credible in The departed) role should have shown a bit more «bipolar» IMO: he should have portrayed a very confident and arrogant hero in his public life, but a much more vulnerable character in private, like exaggeratedly so. i don't want to spoil scenes so i won't go in detail...

in short it is well filmed, good overall acting, but it is not really a «western», let alone an action movie.

Last edited:
For those who have watched once upon a time in hollywood and didn’t go in knowing the alternate history storyline behind it.......how long did it take you to figure it out?

It didn’t dawn on me what it was about until processing after the movie was over.....it was mind bending enough that I couldn’t put it together while watching it!

We also went to the latest Star Wars movie for the first showing on opening day (10 something AM). The theater was not full and I got my tickets on Fandango about an hour before show time. We were at Universal Studios when the rain came, so we did our usual, head for the movie theater.

A couple days later the rain came again, so we went to see Ford VS Ferrari, mainly because I had several phone calls with Carroll Shelby in the mid 80s when Shelby and Ford were no longer friends. Lee Iacocca (also in the movie since he was a marketing manager at Ford) was the CEO of Chrysler and Shelby was turning up the boost on some FWD Dodges. He helped me build my boosted Dodge....and sold me a few K$ worth of "unbreakable" parts......none of them broke, but lots of other stuff did.

My father had the 1985 Chrysler Lebaron GTS turbo when I was in high school. I loved that car! It was black with dark tinted windows. It had the whole digital dash and center console.