Whats the LAST movie you have watched?

"Wonderman" with Danny Kaye and Virginia Mayo, this was followed by "A Song is Born". The latter has a pretty incredible cast including Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Lionel Hampton, Charlie Barnet, Buck & Bubbles, The Golden Gate Quartet. You don't need a plot, just watch and listen when it rolls again on TCM.

Gimp, Ursula Andress in "Dr. No"?

Last edited:
Pano - agree to disagree on Moore, but as for Lawrence of Arabia - I probably saw that shortly after it came out in ‘62. In full 70mm Panavision with the deluxe stereo soundtrack, it was the IMax of its day. 50+ yrs later , one of my absolute top 10 “serious” films - a list that also includes Citizen Kane and Schindler’s List - Spielberg’s ultimate masterpiece? I’d have to think about the remaining spots, but none of the Bond canon would be among them.

Now, what’s going on at Real Housewives :eek:

Here’s a class of mineral water to clear that throat gag.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I probably saw that shortly after it came out in ‘62. In full 70mm Panavision with the deluxe stereo soundtrack, it was the IMax of its day.
Yes, it's gorgeous, no doubt. I remember seeing it in a 70mm print at the Max Linder cinema in Paris. Ryan's Daughter, by the same team, was amazing to look at. Never seen anything else like it.

Holds up better than The Longest Day.
Well, there is that. :p One of those 1960s cameo role extravaganzas that were so popular. But I dunno, Peter O'Toole seems much too fey to play T.E. Lawrence. And Alec Guinness, hmmmmm

Well, with all indications it will be the fastest $1B world-wide box-office yet, it appears that you can't dumb things down far enough for the target audience, so I'm not so sure it's a screw-up.

I'm much more looking forward to Deadpool2 - and, well as hunky as Ryan might be, it'd mostly be about Vanessa