Actual hearing examination results of your hearing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actual hearing examination results of my ear, it is in the first attachment.
And the second one, as you can guessed right, is for my daughter.

Attachments

• Gyuri.jpg
    Gyuri.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 345
  • Panni.jpg
    Panni.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 181
Actually these are both.
These are pure tone measurements,
0 dB represents hearing threshold level of healthy hearing.
Relative to this, the graphs shows actual hearing thresholds of mine and of my daughter.
Recently I installed a few Auditdata ICE and PRIMUS audiometers with TDH39 headsets and Radioear B-71 bone conductors all over the country.
So we had to test them.
Well, it's probably a better outcome than if it had measured by an audiologist.
Me and my daughter were added the test signals for ourselves.
I estimate that, if you know when you should hear the signal, you can achieve 4-5 decibels lower hearing threshold compared to blind test.
We are varying the signal levels with 1 dB, instead of usual 5dB step.
I can say, 1 dB signal level change is audible.
At 4 kHz on my chart you can see a noticeable dip on my both ears, it is sign of noise nuisance.
I worked for over ten years in a noisy computer room.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks Gyuri. I saw your 4K loss. Mine is at about 6K, a sharp dip known as the "workman's hearing loss". In my case not from noise, but from childhood ear infections. Maybe 4K is also a place where long exposure to noise makes a hearing hole.

At 18 years old my FR wasn't anything unusual, but my threshold of hearing was literally off the chart. Wish I still had that chart to compare it to today.

The Radioear looks interesting.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
And we worry over slight aberrations in overall response when looking at our circuitry ;)

And I don't know this but I'd bet that if you were to make a line stage equaliser to mirror those responses and try and get them nearer to a 15 yr old then it would probably not sound good.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Far less from what was happening during the early years.:D
I don’t ride motorcycles anymore, I don’t do power trimming on turbofan engines, I’ve stopped working in a noisy environment, I don’t drive my car on open roads with the window open.
No ear infection, no brain tumor (yet).
It’s only the effect from the accumulated ear damage from the past.
The 15+ years tinnitus (on both ears stronger on the right) continues, despite I’ve turned from espresso café high dose to no cafe.

Karl, external frequency equalization indeed doesn’t work. I’ve played with it years ago. It ‘sounds’ horrible.
Most probably brain has done it’s own frequency adaptation for the hearing losses.
Despite this horrible audiometric data, I can pick the frequency unbalance in a loudspeaker.
The irony is that I am more comfortable with a low-mid freq emphasis than with a mid-high freq emphasis.
And I can’t stand harsh sounding tweeters.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.