SB XLIX WTF?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think the sound we heard yesterday afternoon was, no matter which team you were cheering for, a collective WTF, really?

throw into that defense with a yard to go and how many timeouts left?

overall, except for the fracas after that last snap, a fairly entertaining game, and Mr Brady is definitely a matinee idol

would Missy Elliott's "performance" have been any less enjoyable if her mike was completed dead?

Next year will almost be boring? - SB L? or with they get silly and go XXXXX? :rolleyes:

The game was boring, so I kinda watched while working on my laptop. That ended with the halftime show. Lenny Kravitz was playing his guitar, but I couldn't hear it. There weren't even any memorable commercials......Sherri watched it all, but I headed to the basement at halftime.....to play with a circuit board full of tubes.

I'm not actually a huge sports fan, but was nursing some kind of low grade infection / accumulated sleep deficit , and was more or less conscripted by my wife to grab "A" beer, relax and watch the game. It's been at least a decade or so since I watched a SB game, so my critical assessment should probably be suspect, but the last quarter I did not find boring.

I just doubt I'm alone in wondering the logic behind that final pass.

but the last quarter I did not find boring.

No, but I didn't return to watch it until near the end. The last 5 minutes wasn't too boring.

I just doubt I'm alone in wondering the logic behind that final pass.

I didn't get it either, early on they made zero short passes, but ran for 2 or 3 yards per carry......as you said WTF????

I'm not actually a huge sports fan

I used to be an avid Miami Dolphins fan, and usually went to a game or two each year. That ended when they sacked Don Shula, and I watch football every once in a while, usually without sound, while doing something else. If there is an interesting play, it will be replayed 5 times.

I usually watch Super Bowls, but I have just received a fresh batch of shiny new tube amp PC boards, and even though I don't have a lab set up now, the shiny new boards and soldering iron got my attention over the TV set.

After digging around in a 20 degree building for a couple hours yesterday for tubes, I lit one up. Now, if I can only find some transformers, a load resistor, and one of my power supplies........

Boring? Best SB in years.

Attachments

• B8zuCuRCcAA51Bp.jpg
    B8zuCuRCcAA51Bp.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 51
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
The best team won.... Wash SH got lucky to even be in the SB. NE should have played GB.

I like games full of surprises and you can not tell who will win until the last minute. The best parts of the SB game were all the obvious fouls that were not being called. Tripping... holding and pushing etc.

Over-all, the best SB game in years. The commercials were mostly a let down, though.

-RM

Last edited:
The best team won.... Wash SH got lucky to even be in the SB. NE should have played GB.

I like games full of surprises and you can not tell who will win until the last minute. The best parts of the SB game was all the obvious fouls that were not being called. Tripping... holding and pushing etc.

-RM

SB50 should be played in Lambeau Field, yes it is the referee's option to call a loose game as they are big boys. When they called the first running into the kicker as the lesser penalty you knew right away.

The game was boring, so I kinda watched while working on my laptop. That ended with the halftime show. Lenny Kravitz was playing his guitar, but I couldn't hear it. There weren't even any memorable commercials......Sherri watched it all, but I headed to the basement at halftime.....to play with a circuit board full of tubes.

Not being much in to sports I would've done the same, but I had to make an exception for this one :D

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    690.6 KB · Views: 23
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.