Nominations for DIYAUDIO DIYR of the year!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm nominating "6L6" (Jim, in Denver). He's been instrumental in the Pass amplifier forums for getting folks involved, and for personally helping a lot of newbies into the DIY audio hobby. Great mindset, great personality, great guy!

P.S..... and I'm NOT Jim, posing under another forum name! :D

bjorno or Weltersys.

Bjorno throws out Hornresp sims and explanations about cabinet topologies like nothing I've ever seen.
Art has provided many many useful measurements for us speaker builders. I even went through the compression driver shootout, when I discovered I actually had a pair of DH1as.

Chris

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm nominating "6L6" (Jim, in Denver). He's been instrumental in the Pass amplifier forums for getting folks involved, and for personally helping a lot of newbies into the DIY audio hobby. Great mindset, great personality, great guy!

yup

however - Diyaudioo is big , and nobody can be active in enough subforums , to really became megagigaemperor :rofl:

better to have several polls ( for several megagigaemperors), each of them targeted at one or just few subforums

Designing things or building things ?

There is one builder that is "insatiable" - must of built 50 big amps this year alone.
Has a room FULL of them !! :eek:

OS

Very much like me.
I am divorced so the living room is mine to do what I want.
I have 5 large speakers in the living room.
The living room is also my electronic workshop.
I use my shed for metal and wood working.
I have about 20 amplifier's.

Is nobody going to say sreten? What kinda place is this?

Yes, I nominate sreten for naysayer of the year. He often has some good advice too.

I vote for myself.

And Cassiel for egomaniac of the year.

Many helpful, creative people around here.
6L6 and Zen Mod deserve awards for helpfulness. xrk971 for creativity and inspiration.

Of course Papa and all the mods deserve lifetime achievement awards.

Thanks to all of you for making this a great place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.