Do we need a newbie forum?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's a massive amount of traffic on the forum and most folks who post a extremely knowledgeable. As useful as the site is, most threads seem to devolve in to silly **** chat, esoteric conversations about minutiae of individual components or seemingly esoteric analysis of output - at least to me.

Can I suggest creating a newbie forum where more experienced members can help the less experienced and to steal from reddit, "explain it like I'm 5".

For example, I'd like to move from basic wall-wart kits (even the Amp Camp Amp) to something a little more advanced with mains power circuits and speaker protection. I know that exists but firstly my post got lost in the noise and it's near impossible to find the info in a search.

For example, I'd like to move from basic wall-wart kits (even the Amp Camp Amp) to something a little more advanced with mains power circuits and speaker protection. I know that exists but firstly my post got lost in the noise and it's near impossible to find the info in a search.

search with google: (see link that explains how)
https://www.google.com/search?q=speaker+protection+circuit+site:diyaudio.com

Sometimes the best way to get an answer is to start a new thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.