Why does glue stick?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also wrap about 3 or 4 turns of 0.8mm diameter copper around as a heatsink. I tried 1mm diam but I found that too stiff to do gently and accurately.
More as a temperature equalising sink in that the outers of the To92 pair are now in contact with copper that is substantially at Ta all the way around the turns.

Has anyone actually found anything that superglue can stick, other than your fingers ?

I was working in a stereo store in 1971 when the stuff first came out. We tested it on several things. It sticks a shiny new Quarter to the glass counter top very well. It was still there when I quit almost 2 years later. It sticks the bosses butt to the toilet seat too!

One of the salesmen who was leaving the company found that it really ruins the bosses day if you squirt a drop into the keyhole in the bosses car. A short piece of solder has the same effect.

Super glue needs moisture as a catalyst. That is why it is hard to use on things like metal, where it works so well on you finger. It can be terribly frustrating on a dry day on dry non-porous surfaces. Read the instructions.

I was wondering what the best glue would be to tie my input pairs and current mirrors together with was. Metal power filled epoxy was a thought, but a thinner coat of super glue may be better. Good tip.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.