2 vs 1 monitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need some opinions on whether i should go for a standard 2 monitor setup at home, or a single ultra wide (21:9) monitor. I have used 2 monitors setups before, but i'd like a new experience, so i'd like to know if anyone has used one of these monitors before and if it's sufficient to replace a 2 monitor setup.

this is the monitor i am considering purchasing: So Viral It's Scary - Men can't multitask #LGUltraWide - YouTube

thanks in advance!

I have thought about this monitor for home use instead of 2 spate monitors, I either do PCB CAD or photography with Lightroom 5.
I couldn't take the ultra wide home, but did have a play in a PC shop, looks impressive but:
If I had only room for one monitor I would use this type just to get the extra information on screen.
But because of how I use a PC I prefer two separate std. wide screen monitors, that is just my personal preference, and mainly due to the software I use and the work I do on computers. I don't play games or similar on a PC, but if I did I may have a different view. Where I worked a couple of years ago we had 3 high res monitors that could be rotated for portrait or landscape, now that is the best set up.
An ultra wide with 3 standard wide screens either side would be ace.

I am using 3 monitors.

It is completely awesome. I like being able to spit things up into 2 or 3 separate fullscreen displays, rather then try and resize things all the time to fit on one big display.

I would never go back to a single monitor system as my main computer, even if it was large. I prefer the wrap around effect that 3 screens brings, easier to read things in corners.

I could go on and on about how awesome it is...I highly recommend it. Once you do it will be hard to imagine using a computer with one screen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.