Who am I, who are you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sure this may have been done already but I can't see a thread.

I've been on here for a little while and got into discussions with folks and I sometimes wonder what these guys look like. Some have pics of themselves as their avatar but I thought a thread giving first names and a pic might be interesting.

If your ugly or shy or just like your anonymity then fair enough but for the rest of us here's that opportunity.

SSL10025.jpg

Me and the wife.

Graham (Squiffy)

Strangely, I never wonder what people look like. That reduces the risk of making judgements based on appearance (we all have prejudices, especially those who think they haven't). Instead, I simply go on what they say.

Something which has always puzzled me is why IEEE journals include pictures and brief CVs of authors. Am I supposed to take an article more seriously because of the long list of committees the (apparent) main author has sat on? The article may actually have been written by a postgrad or postdoc anyway.

Strangely, I never wonder what people look like. That reduces the risk of making judgements based on appearance . . . Instead, I simply go on what they say. . . .
Reminds me of the on-air radio guy who made a live appearance and one of the fans commented, "You look a lot different in person than you do on the radio.". (For several decades radio people have been saying, "Radio is just like television . . . except the pictures are better.". Similar to my reaction a few months ago after I watched a silent movie - the German film "Metropolis" - in its entirety for the very first time and commented, "Silent films are just like talking movies - except the dialog is better.".)

Dale

OP, given the threads' title and your opening comments, please tell how that image represents what you look like? It is as anonymous as your thread name.

Abs

You're right though this is my inner self if only I was ten years older :rolleyes:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The real me short fat n ugly :)

Sy, yeah man and the amp is always turned up to 11 :)

It's a while since I went to an audio show, and I suppose DIYers are a fairly distinct sub-species of audio enthusiasts anyway.

I do remember being at an amateur radio rally and losing count of the number of times I was jostled away from interesting things on various stands by the beer belly of a middle-aged man (not the same one, but lots of the same!) who seemed to lack any social skills. Interesting, given that the hobby is supposed to be about communication - maybe hams communicate better remotely?

Not to me. I get handsomer the more I drink.

Old joke, but apropos:

WORDS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Innovative
2. Preliminary
3. Proliferation
4. Cinnamon

WORDS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Specificity
2. Anti-constitutionalistically
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
4. Transubstantiate

WORDS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. I can't, I'm married.
2. No more booze for me!
3. Sorry, but you're not really my type.
4. No thanks, I'm not hungry.
5. I'm not the least bit interested in fighting you.
6. Thanks, but I won't make any attempt to dance as I have no coordination
and would hate to look like a fool!
7. I must be going home now as I have to work in the morning.

A friend in Ireland was a Jesuit theologian..........."transubstantiate" was seldom - if ever - pronounced correctly - even at 11.00am (11.00 hours). In all other ways you could not tell that he had drink taken; other than by the smell on his breath that is.

My best friends surname is Olsson. Tho his grand grand grandfather was named Olaf, so it should have been Olafssen. He was "a tiny drunk" when scribing to the priest, so he responded. "Eh yes, Olsson is fine". PS. Brian, your the OT guy this time, dont blame me

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.