Jawbreaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It does look like a cool project. Not a fun DIY build though, I'd imagine. Soldering the LQFP144 package may well be a challenge, but you will also have to source all those components and buy the necessary infrastructure to flash the Cortex, I suppose?

Personally, I'd go with the $275 pledge then :) .

The board alone is 15 sq. inches, a run of three at OSHPark would cost you $75 or $150 (if it's four layer). I'm unfamiliar with Cortex programming, but I'd assume at least another $100 for the programmer. Now you still haven't bought any components.
Then you definitely need a stencil for the solder paste (there are 250 SMD parts in size 0402), and some equipment that will let you solder the uCs without frying them... man that sounds like a lot of trouble :) . Good luck though if you're going to do it anyways!

(edit: I just realised you might be working in the electronics industry and have easier access to parts and soldering/assembly machinery than the average DIYer. In that case, ignore my ramblings above...)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.