Do you know what I hate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you know what I hate?
Here in Australia we have a comedian named Rodney Rude, although most of his work is mainly risqué (you can find much of his work on YouTube) I always liked his "do you know what I hate" example: "do you know what I hate? I hate it when you are driving your car and you spit out the window and the windows closed, I really hate that"

My hate, which i'm sure that many will agree: I hate it when after doing heaps of research, reading reviews etc., i purchase the item only to find out shortly afterwards that a better item has been released with better features and a lower price, I really hate that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I really hate posts sent from an iPad using Tapatalk (whatever that is). :p
Just kidding!

Know what you mean about things that are obsolete before you get them home. It's a modern headache. Oddly, I heard the same complaint about radios or phonographs in a movie from the 1930s. But back in those days a telephone was basically the same for decades.

At work we attend trade shows, do research, talk to the product managers and still get caught out with expensive gear that is out of date before it's out of shrink wrap.

... a better item has been released with better features and a lower price, I really hate that!

Pity poor Microsoft :mad:, and Apple :mad: too, before long. Not to mention the City of London :mad:, and the whole of Japan :mad:.

The leading edge of DIY has looked quite frantic. Is the feeling worse if you've made it yourself? At a more human pace, I've just reached the 90s, so there's not much for me to hate :)

I hate that most laptops get too hot to be used on your knee, because they position the fan inlet perfectly so that your leg will block it.

Seems to be a lot of people around here running XP. At least its not Win8...

Sent from my upgraded Dell laptop, running Firefox under Win7

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I hate when this happens:

trimmer.jpg

What's that smell? ... Damn, a (carelessly placed) trimmer has touched the soldering iron.

Easy to file a new tip though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.