Read this if you are over 25

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I laughed ... and then wept a bit when I realized that even the article was already 10 years old. I was never a gamer, but I loved that football game.

I was the undisputed lord and master of that football game (in my house). I used to play it until I got bored because once you got the knack it was hard to lose - then my brother in law stole it, then his car got robbed, and he gave me one for christmas out of guilt - and promptly stole that one, too. ;)

Being a 1942 baby, we made gliders with 5' wingspan...A2 class. They necessitated a cycle ride to collect about 3 minutes after take-off when the thermal fuse (sodium soaked cord set a smouldering burnt an elastic band which caused the tail-plane to flip) worked and caused them to flutter to earth! Never played electronic games! Soooo I AM very very old!

I always knew that c2c was just a kid!!

I am young enough to have enjoyed the consoles from the 80's and also the modern ones.
My first meeting with a console was maybe the 8bit Sega, the 8bit nintendo short after, and one Atari 2600 was also tried out at some point. I had some friends that where into C64's, and the fabulous Amiga. Car games that where fun was the more realistic Gran Turismo, and later on the Forza games, but I still enjoy the classic "Rock'n'Roll Racing" for Super Nintendo from time to time. I really like Megaman 2 for 8 bit Nintendo, remember one time I got a bit annoyed because I died 3 times before finishing the game, this was first playthrough after a break of 2 years.
Some of the greatest games of all time are "Super Metroid" and "Chrono Trigger" for Super Nintendo, anyone can play Chrono Trigger, it's a really fantastic RPG.

Currently enjoying "Far Cry 5" and some of the "Dirt" series (no assists, manual shift, no abs, no tc, regular xbox360 controller) games on PC. Very disappointed of the Forza PC release, good game, but it lacks some very vital customization options from the console version.

Edit:
Check out these videos for some nostalgia/old gamers:
Rymdreglage 8-bit trip

Rymdreglage - Old Style

Edit2:
OH!
And the Sega ofcourse, all the Sonic games, Anyone remember the Dreamcast?
Also playing together with my 7 year old: "Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed", can get it on Steam (for PC).

Last edited:
Being a 1942 baby, we made gliders with 5' wingspan...A2 class. They necessitated a cycle ride to collect about 3 minutes after take-off when the thermal fuse (sodium soaked cord set a smouldering burnt an elastic band which caused the tail-plane to flip) worked and caused them to flutter to earth! Never played electronic games! Soooo I AM very very old!

I always knew that c2c was just a kid!!

Asteroid on a PDP-8, 1976.

I never got into games much. I play'd a few with my kids on home computers I built including Sinclair ZX-80 that I repaired when they were selling all the manufacturing defects cheap, Apple II clone, AT clones, etc.

Rubber band powered airplane kits in 1956, U-control 1/2A (Cox 049 Baby Bee) by 1958, Free flight 1/2A (Cox TD 049 051) with a fuse dethermalizer in 1960, RC by 1967. Mombo Trainer with a Fox 09, escapement control of throttle and rudder only.

https://www.modelairplanenews.com/w...ww.modelairplanenews.comMediaNewsDSC00386.jpg

I still have a couple model airplane kits stashed in the garage.

I have one RC plane left that I built from sheet balsa and a set of plans that runs an electric motor (One nite 28).

The Coleco Electronic QB was all the rage on the playground in 5th grade...LEDs and 9V batteries.

Attachments

• 220px-Coleco_Electronic_Quarterback.jpg
    220px-Coleco_Electronic_Quarterback.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 107
My son (who at one time worked for Blizzard Entertainment in Austin TX) was into video games but has ceased purchasing new ones. His claim is that they are just rehashes of the same old themes, with "Upgrade Packs" designed in to keep the revenue stream going.

He has a Raspberry Pi 3 which runs all of the old video games (literally thousands of them).

The only game I play is Corncob 3D.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.