Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Couch California (You can sit down but you can never leave).

We truly do live in the age of the couch potato rather than the potato farmer. Just be careful you don't start to grow roots into the couch or else you cannot ever leave.
When I was a kid, my parents bought a 300 acre hobby ranch, as an investment. No tractor, but a few acres of potatoes to be planted. Tilled before planting, with just picks and hoes.
I remembered seeing photos of those quaint stone piled walls on European farms. It became blisteringly clear to me: the walls weren't quaint at all. They were evidence of the backbreaking labour to remove large rocks from farmland, and find a place to get them out of the way. The experience was over 45 years ago, but still gives a profound appreciation for enjoying potato chips, on my comfortable couch.
(Hint: You really can create infinite flavour combinations, by layering different Pringles, as per the commercials).

I remembered seeing photos of those quaint stone piled walls on European farms. It became blisteringly clear to me: the walls weren't quaint at all. They were evidence of the backbreaking labour to remove large rocks from farmland, and find a place to get them out of the way.
Yes, killing two birds with one stone as it were, very efficient and eco-friendly if not back friendly. Where I live those rock walls can be six feet high and on 60 degrees slopes. My house is built out of the same stuff, they didn't travel any distance horizontally just a vertically, there is one piece of slate in my front wall that is 12 feet long.

I'm not so sure it would work !

For one thing, those electrons which have sunk through the full depth of the cable, would then find themselves in the grease layer which would enable them to travel faster ( lubricated ).
They would therefore arrive at the end sooner.
This would result in a pre-echo - smearing the sound.

Andy

RSGB Special Offer Products

Now, if this was offered as an audio product, the joke would be lost....
Oh, it's real. John Titor stole it from Starfleet, where it coats the warp nacelles. He escaped to 2036 with it, then beamed here. Kirk suffered a transporter malfunction, when he and Scotty attempted to intercept his beam.

Attachments

• 20180318_190644.jpg
    20180318_190644.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 269
And the user manual.

I bought a couple of Yaqin amps 7 years ago, an MS300C, and an MC84L, from a local seller. Cheaper than online, both came with a staff translated user manual, and the benefit of local service. The 300B didn't work when I got it home (they delivered). Turned out there was a metal shaving lodged in the headphone jack; exactly where it would shut down the speaker outputs, and act as though headphones were connected.
Glad to have bought locally. The place even said the tubes they sold would be a step sideways, and recommended tube models, and a few eBay sellers they found to be completely reliable.
The best of brick and mortar, and online buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.