Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rec and pb gear usually adds 'dirt', however this dirt can be altered if not substantially removed, revealling the original 'vibe'.

Here exist no way to distinguish added "dirt" from musical content in the same frequency spectrum, once "dirt" is added to useful signal. Only substraction from "clean" original. Well known Baxandall test. But not with "magical" purifier..

Here exist no way to distinguish added "dirt" from musical content in the same frequency spectrum, once "dirt" is added to useful signal. Only substraction from "clean" original. Well known Baxandall test. But not with "magical" purifier..

We just have not discovered the hidden property (vibe) of the electron. They need to read about Bell's Theorem, they're getting far beyond Nobel prize material.

Well at least some people are thinking more and condemning without evidence, less. Sooner or later you might learn something new! '-)

Nobody is condemning anything other than the morals of the people behind marketing the Bybee device.

The rest is merely a dismissal of the extraordinary claims attached to the device when the required extraordinary supporting evidence fails to materialise.

I must admit that I can't find anything else to say about this at the moment. First, I thought to get into details that you are overlooking, even when you are supplied the visual evidence, but then I am getting into areas that Jack as told me not to put on line, so I am not going to do that. It is frustrating to leave the details out, but I do hope that some of you will acquire a more open mind about effects (tweaks) that maybe make little 'common sense' but seem to work in any case. That is really the point of this discussion.

We just have not discovered the hidden property (vibe) of the electron. They need to read about Bell's Theorem, they're getting far beyond Nobel prize material.

I'm hanging out here in Cambridge, UK, for an academic conference, where I think they've got the highest laureates per capita -- let me see if I run into one of them by chance (albeit the one's I'd off-chance meet would be in medicine), and see if this has any legs for a bid. ;)

(But really, Cambridge has been so great)

Snake oil in audio is small beans compared to anything related to health. The entire supplements industry, so dozens of billions of dollars, is largely a scam. And much of that at least has a biological premise for efficacy (although not show to be necessary under most cases lacking a clear, and rare, disease state), much less the entirety of alt-medicine. I do give the alt-medicine community more leeway, as I can imagine many of its practitioners have good intentions if lacking in any sort critical thinking, rather than deliberate bunkum.

Last edited:
I wonder if the existence of quantum information when a band is playing is the reason why analog sounds better than digital sound.

When you think about it when you are playing back a digital recording you are reproducing the sound by recreating it by causing electrons to build up or oscillate at a certain frequency through the process of flipping switches to finely replicate the same electrical signal which was present at the time of recording/ADC.

But when you think about it a recording onto analog media would be made in the time of the original production of the music. So maybe a recording of the quantum information is also present on analog recordings? And the reason why digital audio sounds so badly is because we are in affect producing a synthehol version of the real thing without the same quantum noise present at the time of the recording. The two quantum information fields then clash with each other and cause problems and interference.

Basically a piece of time, the 4th dimension, is present on the analog recording medium.

But we strip that 4th dimension out, the quantum entanglement, when we record or reproduce a digital signal.

Basically a vibration from a microphone produces an electron which produces a signal which alters the magnetic polarization of iron particles on a tape, but maybe the quantum information is preserved along with it?. But when you 'measure' those same electrical signals and provide a mathmatic representation of those same signals you are removing the possibility of quantum information being present in the reproduced audio.

It works for vinyl aswell. because there is a physical connection between the microphone, the electrical cable, and the stylus of a record. But because quantum entanglement doesn't require a physical connection between two materials to change or alter the information stored in the atoms of the medium that is being recorded upon that is why quantum signals are preserved at all.

But when you remove that process of being in the same space-time as the particles of air which are being vibrated by using a digital process you are discarding such information. You are in effect creating a painting of the past in the form of audio signals but when you look at a painting you are not playing back the past. The quantum information which has come and gone has not been preserved in the digital realm. But could have in the analog realm.

The million dollar question is, does quantum information get passed from the air molecules to the analog recording medium in some fashion.

You missed an smiley face off... Or are you being serious:eek:

I must admit that I can't find anything else to say about this at the moment. First, I thought to get into details that you are overlooking, even when you are supplied the visual evidence, but then I am getting into areas that Jack as told me not to put on line, so I am not going to do that. It is frustrating to leave the details out, but I do hope that some of you will acquire a more open mind about effects (tweaks) that maybe make little 'common sense' but seem to work in any case. That is really the point of this discussion.

SCAM, why do you promote such scams

The rest is merely a dismissal of the extraordinary claims attached to the device when the required extraordinary supporting evidence fails to materialise.
Agree.
I believe in condemning charlatans without prejudice.

I also get regularly bemused by how some people continue to believe in BS even when faced with compelling evidence, logic or proof. People believe what they want to believe.

Exactly, Daniel...

Hope you enjoy Cambridge - it has a great vibe whether the electrons do, or not!!

Daniel: you should have warned me. I'd have taken some time out to come visit. And maybe beer.

Thanks, gents! I have definitely fallen in love with Cambridge. It's been absolutely spectacular, both in history and scientifically; and our colleagues at Cancer UK have been wonderful hosts to boot.

Bill -- still time! :) But really, our schedule has been so jammed packed that it's nigh impossible to get a moment free. You won't find me arguing with a beer -- been told by a researcher from Nottingham that I must try your bitter beers.

But this isn't snake oil, but productive talk, must stop here immediately! :)

Yes I know. But that wasn't the question!
Take a look in the Pacific chassis mount section. I reckon the Bybee is just one of those without the heat sink. Wire-wound (inductive?) with beryllium in its core for better heat transfer. It's obviously not capable of sustainably dissipating 25W without its heat sink, etc.

Last edited:
It is frustrating to leave the details out, but I do hope that some of you will acquire a more open mind about effects (tweaks)

You keep saying this, and I keep repeating that experimental proof of these claims would turn the physics world on it's ear. Nobel prize by decree of the entire scientific community. Information theory, thermodynamics, the lot thrown right in the bin all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.