Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
if these scientists want be useful, why not to invest time into useful things like memristors research, etc.

Monday morning in the research laboratory....
Pete , assistant to the facultys Head of Research, turns to Professor Green and enquires
' So what are we working on this week sir , the cure for cancer ?'
Professor Green replies ,
' Well Brian , you can make a start but i shall be busy attempting to determine how many
wine gums i can feed this seagull before it dies of alcohol poisoning ' .

Give it a rest, the last few pages have just been hilarious, you and Max make a great double team...
Haven't even seen any real measurements yet that actually back any of the pseudo science up. Never mind the damage this stuff does to the image of the hobby...
But its a chuckle, we must have had every cutting edge physics phenomena now associated with the Bybee's.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry laughing.

It sure has been funny watching the hole get bigger and deeper.

Give it a rest, the last few pages have just been hilarious, you and Max make a great double team...
Haven't even seen any real measurements yet that actually back any of the pseudo science up. Never mind the damage this stuff does to the image of the hobby...
But its a chuckle, we must have had every cutting edge physics phenomena now associated with the Bybee's.
You must be joking! The image most people have couldn't be damaged any more. :D
You take yourselves way too seriously. :rolleyes:

It has been fun reading what you guys can prove is 'impossible'.

I just found a parallel criticism deluge regarding another QM device (a test instrument) from the 1950's. Let me give you the quote:

"Now to a surprising number of people, this idea seemed not only heretical but patently absurd and they told us so in person, by letter, in publications, and by actually doing experiments which claimed to show that we were wrong. At the most basic level they asked how, if photons are emitted at random in a thermal source, can they appear in pairs at two detectors. At a more sophisticated level the enraged physicist would brandish some sacred text, usually by Heitler, and point out that ... our analysis was invalidated by the uncertainty relation...."
R. Hanbury Brown, THE INTENSITY INTERFEROMETER (Taylor and Francis, New York, 1974 p. 7.

Does this sound like some of you? '-)

Right, so quantum entanglement has been experimentally identified and applied. There is actual science behind that. So far I have not seen any real science in the support of Bybees.

Scottjoplin, I find your offer incredibly naive or a set-up, but let me clue you in, in case you are sincere in your offer.
First, what are your credentials and background, and do you have direct access to the right test equipment to find what most of us don't? You would have to destroy the Bybee to prove that it is made of the materials that it claims to be. How else could you do it without an advanced physics lab?
If $100 is too much for you to invest, then the Bybee is not for you, any more than a Ferrari is for me.
Finally, if it was easy to measure the effects of what the Bybee does with conventional test equipment, we would already have done it. However, it has been measured at least once by Jack Bybee and the results put up here, by nobody has ever offered or bothered to duplicate the measurement, partially it is just too expensive to acquire the test equipment (BMI 8800) to have any chance of duplicating it.
Once again, if you can't invest $100 into one, you are without the resources too.

Attachments

• Bybee info4 copy.jpg
    Bybee info4 copy.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.