Argentines for the world!

AFAIK Ayrton Senna was Formula1's pilot from Brazil. BTW while almost everyone heard about Senna very few know another noble Brazilian Alberto Santos-Dumont.

Statistically Michael Schumacher & Erich Hartmann are top notch pilots.

Agree!
Today one is able to reproduce the 14bis and put it to fly like Dumont did hundred years ago. Really a master of airplane engineering.
Regards,

We had the best car racer: J.M. Fangio.
We have the best football player (Soccer): Lio Messi.
We had the best football player (Soccer): D. A Maradona.
We have a queen in Holland: Máxima.
now, we have an Argentine Pope.

Next steep: the forum, ja ja ja...

Congratulations and good luck Jorge Mario Bergoglio!, although I'm atheist.

the forum is ruled by the skanky yankys.... also you have had more hads than haves so not doing to good are ya .... Sure i read somwhere non political comments.. go figure

AFAIK Ayrton Senna was Formula1's pilot from Brazil. BTW while almost everyone heard about Senna very few know another noble Brazilian Alberto Santos-Dumont.

Statistically Michael Schumacher & Erich Hartmann are top notch pilots.
The Alberto Santos Dumont case is a historic scandal of stealing of merit, Dumont invented the powered airplane in Paris under the news press eyes and some months later came two Noth Americans claiming they fly in a motor less plane in a far away place and no one photo exist.

To perpetuate this error the international media repeats over a century that these two brothers invented the airplane.
Santos_-_Nov12_1906.jpg

Dumont also created the wrist watch, that he commissioned his friend Cartier the making of this watch for not having to remove the watch from his pocket during flights.

Mika Hakkinen beat Schumacher two years on F1, bit it already was forgotten and now he will be deified permanently.

If you are interested in 'first flights' I think you'll find this article interesting.

FIRST POWERED FLIGHT, FIRST FLIGHT, FIRST POWDERED FLIGHT, PLANE TRUTH, FLYING INTO HISTORY

"Finally, the Wrights needed headwinds or catapults to start their planes, so they were not fully self-powered. But Brazil's Santos-Dumont was (1906, first official airplane flight)."

That´s exactly the point.

Like in any scientific endeavour, the proofs are pointing to Dumont´s flight as the first self-powered. The airplane can be reproduced and flies with the same engine power easily and are lots of evidences showing his original flight.

But, for sure not only him and the american brothers were pioneers on this field of engineering.

regards

True but how can you guys even begin to compare yourselves with a country that invented Pablum, instant mashed potatoes, the Abdomenizer, Wonderbra, the Caesar drink, garbage bags and the egg carton? :D

There were a few others of a more minor nature like Insulin, Canola oil, the Walkie Talkie, the TV camera, Amplitude Modulation, Cesium Beam atomic clock, the Telephone, the Pager, Hydrofoils, The electric street car, Snowmobiles, Electric wheelchair, snowblower, prosthetic hands, foghorn, gas masks, IMAX theatre, electron microscope, plexiglass, the pacemaker, the electric oven, paint rollers, Ardox nails, Robertson screws and last but not least, Marrette wire nuts.

Not bad for the 35th most populous country. I guess when you have that much space, it really 'opens' your mind. :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Others may have beat him to the idea, but no question on the electric street car front Frank J. Sprague rules, his cars were the first that actually worked: Frank J. Sprague - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't forget where the transistor, IC, and internet came from along with Jersey Shores (unfortunately), the very devices that make this back patting thread possible. :D

Of course don't forget Cern (CH) and Tim Berners Lee (UK) responsible for the web browser concept and NCSA Mosaic (US) for developing the first browser to see widespread use - as an early adopter I used it.

My point is the planet is something of a technological community (maybe) and that the accomplishments of individuals in many places go into making all of our lives better..

IMO Nationalistic jingoism in general is not good for the planet, just sayin'.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
IMO Nationalistic jingoism in general is not good for the planet, just sayin'.

I'm afraid the planet does not care a bit but it is indeed bad for the people living on this planet, bad for all of us. And it will continue to be so. Old blood may get wise but young blood is 'crazy horse'. Actually I laugh about all this stupidity and as long as I don't have to suffer a war, I will keep laughing.