Argentines for the world!

I thought of starting a thread on famous Cheeseheads, but never got further than : Eeuh ?

Eeuh ? :D

"Che" is the affectionate equivalent to "hey" and here is commonly used. ;)

This is also true. Thaks Popi.

Ah, why not to change the nick from Popilin to POPElin? , ja ja ja...

My friends call me: Popi, Popilín, Pope, Popelín, and my parrot is called Pepe. :D

Lets clarify that here "POPE" it says "PAPA", different than Papá = Dad.

No problem, but do not repeat eh. :D

I just remember something that we export to the world, almost involuntarily, and spread from Argentina to USA, from Spain to Holland.

It is "Myiopsitta monachus" aka "Cata Argentina"

Monk Parakeet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are very intelligent and extremely affective.

Pepe, is about as smart as an African Yaco ! :cool:

He says many words very clearly, and articulates hardly intelligible phrases, in this has nothing to envy the Dutch Jacco. :D:D:D

Attachments

• Pepe.jpg
    Pepe.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 60
All of us must live in an alternate country at least once in a lifetime.........to savor the flavor of the nationality. Myself, an American (Oregon) to here in Argentina. Sipping Cafe' right now....Matte' is for groups of people.....it doesn't seem right to drink it by yourself.
I've always had a preference towards dark-skinned, brown-eyed women.....for a country with a population biased towards twenties age group....well....
Then there is the virtual obsession with Football (AKA Soccer).....the local channels have games almost every day...I can't keep up with the regional teams so I just nod & say ...........OK.
Still can't get used to the "Siesta " time........everybody it seems closes their doors in the middle of the day....no set hours....they just close...an extended lunch hour/hours & hours!
The food is to die for.........Getting rather simple particular products, goods can be really frustrating sometimes.........something Americans take for granted.
Don't get me started on cars, car repairs or driving down here. Sometimes I feel as if my head is about to explode while driving........OK, I'll stop now.

___________________________________________________Rick.........

All of us must live in an alternate country at least once in a lifetime.........to savor the flavor of the nationality.___________________________________________________Rick.........

If you live in England you already live with many nationalities.
We have Chinese, Italian, French, Indian etc etc food.

I work with polish, Indian, Chinese, Philipino etc etc people.

Indeed........The point is, within the USA, the alternate nationalities are spread so far and wide, unless an individual travels extensively, the likelyhood of meeting "others" is highly unlikely.
The country is so large & spread out, alternate nationalities reside seemingly in the big cities.
In my hometown of Portland Oregon there was/is just the "Hispanic community" that resided in the small town of Hillsboro & the surrounding smaller towns.
In a way I envy those who reside in Europe as there are so many different cultures within relatively short distances.
I have considered as of late.....pondering moving to Italy.......to soak-up that culture......????

____________________________________________________Rick.....