testing avatar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
we are lively

Wow, I did not really think that a little innocent test would generate such a lot of responses from my fellow members.

My avatar is a close-up of a glowing tube (skinnyBoy is right on :yes: ). It's one of the EL509 from my OTL amp.

I am using 2 Philips 150B3 15"LCD & the picture is not really that dark my monitor (or is it panel ?)

It's 10:05pm here in Miri, Sarawak (aka small little town in Malaysia on the island of Borneo). Same time zone as that of Perth (lived there 10 years) but 3 hours behind Sydney.

Regards,
Joe Ling

Attachments

• tol glow.jpg
    tol glow.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 89
Re: Horn

Doug said:
With an EBP of 78.14 it looks like a driver for a vented enclosure only. I don't think it would work well in a horn.

A bass horn in the van:confused:

Where do you find room for the girls;)

Girls... whats girls.... there was no room for girls before we put the horns in there anyway.... theres only 3 seats in the back, and they are taken up by amps and stuff.. lol

Re: Horn

Doug said:
With an EBP of 78.14 it looks like a driver for a vented enclosure only. I don't think it would work well in a horn.

EBP is a 'rule of thumb' from AES articles. it is used for checking bandwidth possible in horn.

in this case,bandwidth is very narrow-30-100hz. EBP means nothing in this case.

More important are- Re,Sd,CMs,RMs,BL.

One cannot guess how it will react until modeled.Mcbeans hornresp is proven to be rather a accurate model.

so mikee12345 says...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.