Wooo! We won the world cup!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
To be a little more specific Rugby Union!!! We have Rugby League here too :) Not too common in North America I believe.

Tony.

PS. It was the only match I watched, usually the only league match I'll watch is the Grand Final. I'm not really that into footy but I do enjoy the occasional game :)

wintermute said:
To be a little more specific Rugby Union!!! We have Rugby League here too :) Not too common in North America I believe.

Your right, but I've seen a match in a movie once, seems to be similar to football (american one ) to me. I don't think you needed to be sarcastic at all, it was a just a question after all maybe I wasn't the only one not to know what you were talking about.

Hey we shouldn't get that deep into sarcasm & smilies. I wasn't offenced at all ;P. And by the way this smiley looks like a '' I did it though '' smiley more than a sarcastic little green buddy. Just to share personnal experience, if you highlight this happy face , :) , it suddenly look sad :D

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Why Sarcasm?

Well, it should be pointed out that in the opening post, Big Parsnip did give a link to an article that made it clear it was a rugby game. Or match, or whatever.

So what's the difference between Rugby League and Rugby Union? Just different teams, or different rules?

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Definitely different rules (but essentially simmilar). I was a little confused by some of the union as I don't normally watch it (not that I watch a lot of league either). They don't have the line-outs in league, they don't all pile on top of the person tackled either :) (well not normally anyway) :)

Their is another code here as well AFL (Australian Football League?) otherwise known as Ausie Rules, now that's another kettle of fish all together!!

Gus, I'd say Gridiron and rugby were pretty different, but from the point of view of having a football and the idea is to get it over the other teams touch line, then yeah they are simmilar :)

Aussies are a pretty sarcastic bunch as well, but in general it's used as a form of humour. I know some sweedish people who spent quite a while here in Aus, and picked up the sarcasm. Got them into trouble when they went home and people didn't get it :)

Regards,

Tony.

edit: PS. Thats freaky about highligting the smily!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.