Electronics education

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the old days it was the Bell and Howell course. Now, like you say, tons. MIT has all their classes online free. You can go a long way just on WIKI. Same path we all took: DC, AC, Circuits, tubes (oops), transistors, etc. If you are looking for a certificate you can use on a resume, you need to find an accredited school.

When you pick one, please report back here. There are clearly quite a few folks here with plenty of enthusiastic ideas, but have not taken the basic electronics and physics classes.

Have you considered...

George Brown College, Toronto?

GBC - Continuing Education - Electronics Technician Certificate

I completed the certificate in 2007, then, had previous credit accepted from Valencia College in Orlando FL, took some more courses from GBC and in 2010 earned my diploma. It was very interesting study, and the credits are transferable....particularly for you, being Canadian. I considered it very affordable, and I am a well known cheapskate. :)

Hope this gives you some more food for thought.

Good luck,
Terry

That's awesome. I must have responded the same time your post was coming to my email. You have further reinforced what I had found today. Thanks again.

Enthusiastic Ideas without fundamentals! That's me. As an automotive technician, I was strong in many fundamentals so all cars were fundamentally the same. With electronics, I find an amplifier to be a totally different entity than a TV while I am aware that they are FUNDAMENTALLY the same. I have not been successful in transferring my skills from a Harman Kardon to a Carver, Pioneer etc.
I am looking forward to Kindergarten Electronics. I know that's where I will learn the most.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.