sumthin to think about

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
from some TV hack:

I've been told that if you change your mind, you change the world - or at least the way you experience it. Let's take a moment to examine that. The presumption is, if you thought the world was a hostile, ugly place filled with awful people doing awful things, that is what you'd see. Your mind would naturally seek out confirmation for its preconceived ideas (e.g., if you're intent on buying a red car, as you go about your day you'll see lots of red cars). If, however, you were able to sincerely change your mind and see that we are all God in drag, that we are the conscious aspects of a perfect universe which had to create us so we could bear witness and stand in awe before its loving magnificence, then that is the soul-shaking reality you'd be greeted with each and every moment of each and every day. In other words, it is entirely our choice as to what kind of world we live in. With a simple decision, we can suffer in the darkness or play in the light. We can be angry, frightened and enslaved, or loving, joyous and free.

I know. It's a toughie.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
You can only be a child once. Suck on this.

Outside the tiny reality of civilization, there's phsyics, which doesn't seem to respond at all to individual perspective.
Oh that's grand, so...you do not exist? The OP has a point because there are millions of 'worlds' as everyone is living on their own.

I notice the world doesn't respond very well to any one person's perspective, and that this is often good.
It's true that the cruel, cruel material 'world' ends up breaking up so many 'realities' but, no problem, the process starts all over again. Ad infinitum. Anyway, I fail to see the good side. Good for whom? Not for us, that's for sure.
There's no denying children are happier than adults.

Chuck Lorre

yah, that guy

So... the incredibly rich, famous, powerful and successful guy thinks everybody else should just lighten up? Is that the gist of it?

I wonder what his perspective would be if he had to live in a war torn battle zone, or maybe if he was a playtoy in prison after being wrongly convicted of a crime, or maybe if he was born with a serious mental defect like depression coupled with schizophrenia, a little bit of chronic pain, brain tumor and anal cancer thrown in for good measure.

Perspective can be a powerful tool, but Chuck Lorre is also a tool.

Last edited:
To choose to be free one must first be free to choose.

A problem I come across quite often in Australia is that there is no choice, if your father was a coal miner you will be a tradesman.

Another issue I come across quite often is one of trust, if someone wants something from you they will be very trustworthy up until the point when they have got what they wanted, then they ditch you.

And if you ever talk to someone here they:
1- Not believe one word that you say, especially if you are under the age of 40.
2- Call the police and get them to harass you and threaten you just because they think you are lazy or scum because you are poor, Bash the **** out of you or get their boyfriend to do it.
3- Throw you in jail on suspicion alone if you have an argument with a female, even if you've never been violent in your entire life.
4- Conjure up elaborate lies and tell everyone your secrets.
5- Be helpful only when it is advantageous to them.
6- Steal anything that isn't tied down.
7- Drive like a maniac even when there is no reason to.
8- Steal from your bank account at any chance that they can.
9- ASSUME that they know you and ASSUME the worst even if its rediculously stupid, just so that they can hate you because they can.
10- YELL all of the time, aussies love a good YELL, its their way of communicating in the workplace or in the home.
11- "Take the mickey" out of you even if your cat just died, infact taking the mickey out of you BECAUSE your cat died is considered to be funny.

I've also wasted my entire life in TAFE trying to learn when instead of telling me the courses were competely worthless instead let me waste 6 years of the best part of my life there, just so they could keep a job.

I am now completely unemployable.

So I dont know where you guys are getting all of this you can change the world if you just think differently bull, I had to grow out of that kind of thinking a decade ago.

Last edited:
I find it odd that you quoted me to reply. I think you misunderstood my post.
What I find telling in your response is that you've counted to 11 for other people, but only 2 sentences for yourself. One thing's for sure... you won't get hired by the Australian Tourism Board.:)

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Oh man. I'm starting to think Chuck Lorre had in mind guys like Freax when he said that. He probably was fed up with negative guys. I enjoy reading Schopenhauer and I can say he sounds very jovial next to you. Haha. Anyway, he's waaaay more entertaining. Lighten up. You'll bore everyone to death with your apocalyptic stories. Hey, life is a force - you won't stop it with constant whining. Listen to what Chuck Lorre says and change your views because you ain't gonna change the world, that's for sure.

I hate to sound like a preacher man but that was necessary to stop the bleeding.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Here is a thought,

In all the years you have looked for something to change outside of you in the world..has it worked?

Whats the secret?...can you change the outside of yourself (no)

So whats the secret change the inside to work with the outside...If you think you have no hope then you will sit and do nothing...a journey of 5000miles starts with putting your shoes on. The shoes are inside you not on your feet.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
. Anyway, I fail to see the good side. Good for whom? Not for us, that's for sure.
There's no denying children are happier than adults.

Well yes, good for all of us. No one person can be completely free and still leave any one other person completely free, unless each gets a universe of their own design

So there you have it. Back to the OP's suggestion, in short: Anyone can believe whatever they want but the world is still what it is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.