How to deal with migraines?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I had migrate for thirty years and tried everything that it is available with not success. Sometimes I had a headache that nothing stopped it. The only that could helped it was taking about 4 Tylenol at one time and lying down in a bed for few days. Finally one day my Doctor changed my blood pressure for a beta blocker Metoprolol and since that I never had one single episodes of migraine headaches. I asked the Doctor why? and the response was that some blood pressure are used for migraines. 30 years taking a bunch of placebos for nothing.

Cannabis is a relaxant but you might have to move to Colorado or Washington (I think) to try that legally. I know it works for period pains (my wife uses it for that and so did Queen Victoria) which are a kind of cramp as I understand. Before it was bizarrely banned it was the most prescribed medication in the world.
Could be made into tea or cookies so you don't have to smoke it.
The active ingredient(s) dissolve in alcohol too.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Blood pressure,

linked to all sorts of things even SVT..interesting the way the body reacts to medication..And migraine..

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Supraventricular-tachycardia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

These are not in control of the consious mind (some people can with training).

So the use of beta blockers are used..however some people cannot tolerate beta blockers (it makes them dizzy and they cannot walk in a straight line so calcium channel blockers are used like verapamil (Doctor only).

Verapamil | Medicine | Patient.co.uk

Its strange because sometimes this can cause SVT as well as stop it...:confused:

Most people find Migraine stops with these because it controls the blood pressure..strange..

Something I use..if you do its at your own risk.. (only on yourself never on anyone else)..

A quick (short term)help that can work for some people until you can get to some medication or get home is using a black medicine point..(place your heel of the palm of your right hand on your nose where the longest finger touches on top of your head is the pressure point, place your left thumb in front of the longest finger this is the "point" press very hard for 20 seconds..when you let go the pain will decrease..it can take it off..use only 4 times..on the 5th it reverses. (gets worse).

Regards
M. Gregg

What is "almost Zen-like"? Can you tell step by step, sharing your experience?

It's a hard thing to describe because the language I know (English) didn't evolve with the right words and expressions.

A part of it is like this:

don't feel the discomfort - observe the discomfort, separate your thoughts, your sense of self, from your physical self

accept that your body is in pain (this works in other situations, like if you are really cold) and don't try to change it, don't try to fight it, don't feel bad about it, don't try to understand it, don't think about it directly, just be aware that your body is in pain and although aware of it, you allow your thoughts to move on to something else

don't direct your thoughts, let them wander, your mind has a strong tendency to wander anyway so all you are doing is allowing it some freedom, except if it wanders onto feeling sorry for the pain in your body you steer it away again

whilst being aware of the pain take notice of your breathing, how it moves in and out, take notice that your heart rate is calm and steady, notice how when these things are calm and steady that the pain is less variable with time and that it is bearable, eventually after your mind has wandered far away and returns again to your pain you notice that your pain maybe slightly better or if a bit worse you nuture it back to a calmer state

Last edited:
Thank you Bigun; sounds great! However, before doing this I think a good training is needed.

I am reading this book, to learn to relax tension before migraine happens, and already feel how it works: as soon as some negative thought comes I switch attention to the body and relax muscles. Amazing! I know that I never knew how to relax properly! It was the source of all my problems: from migraines to unfinished projects. :D

http://www.amazon.com/Want-Change-L...9546&sr=1-1&keywords=i+want+to+change+my+life

Last edited:
Well I had a chance to practice it last night - I have an awful sore throat and it prevents me from sleeping if I'm not careful :-(

I am practicing it 3 times a day now: when woke up, during the day, and before sleeping. Works great! Still learning to revert negative feelings to relaxation consciously, but I am sure if I continue practicing it will be a subconscious reaction.

Will that white hair change the color back, if I learn to relax and avoid stress?

Thats what i'm wondering myself.

I don't mind grey hair as long as it gets me one step closer to this look:
qx5Pg.jpg

Thats more of a silvery look tho, like she has been playing in a vat of arctic silver thermal paste.

Google has its usual shills.
Can You Reverse Grey Hair Naturally? Yes You Can!

Last edited:
Thanks, but pain is good. It is feedback that something is wrong. What was wrong with me, I gave up meditations, as the result the tension grew up leading to migraine.

Everyone who ever used alcohol lost a bit of natural ability to relax. The more of alcohol was used, the less of natural ability to relax left. That means, it has to be replaced by addiction to meditations. No other ways.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.