How to deal with migraines?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
proper diet is indeed very important. giving in to cravings for junk food adds to our feelings of not being in control which makes us stressed and you get a negative cycle. It's important to eat healthy food, especially if you are susceptible to migraines. I believe wheat is an often ignored problem in our diets, for example, never mind the usual issues of too much unrefined sugar.

Today I had to deal with some guy threatening to bash my head in cause he was being evicted.

Then some guy nearly hitting my car because he was flying through the air at 100km/h, all he got was a speeding ticket, and it happened right infront of the cops. Cops still say, nope, only a ticket will suffice.

The guy has been taking the lives of everyone in this street into his hands every day, and a ticket will do just fine apparently.

Well I hope this ticket makes him lose his licence.

Oh I also found that my car has been broken into, nothing was stolen tho because there is nothing to steal.

And people ask me why I don't socialize, I have a headache.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I have chronic migraines... its a bit of ****, but livable if I live a "boring" life and follow some rules:
Get 8 hours of sleep every night
Get fresh air and exercise every day
Eat healthy natural food only
No coffee
No alchohol
No parties
No social life ....
Avoid all things that can create emotional stress

Avoid all things that can create emotional stress

...or learn to relax. It is what I am doing. There are 2 types of stress: from external circumstances, and from own brain. You can't change external circumstances, except avoid alcohol, refined carbohydrates, dumb angry people. But it is possible to calm down own negative thoughts training to relax the body as soon as such thoughts come and bring negative emotions. When I was meditating almost regularly I did not have migraines. Now I meditate strictly regularly, and during the day exercise calming down emotions when something negative happens.

Eating fermented food like bread is a health disaster. Fermented food should never be eaten daily and never as bulk of your food.

Eat simple, natural and non processed.

Whatever the tounge craves for, is not good for health when eaten in plenty.

Gajanan Phadte

Fermented food is good. What is bad, refined food that contains more taste than food itself.

just seen the thread, i have treated migraine with homeopathy-my mrs had this problem for many years but she is ok now. if you are interested you can drop me a private mail and we can take it from there.this method normally takes 2-3 years for complete cure, so no quick fix.

Portuguese wine is "organic" and doesn't give headaches. I think that is because of lower sulfides.:D

Any wine does an opposite. When people use wine, drugs, or any other chemicals to relax, their bodies refuse relaxing naturally and start demanding chemicals that work. The result is stress that triggers higher stress, and so on, until migraine happens.

I take migraleve as soon as I feel one starting. I still need to spend the day in bed, but with the drug the symptoms are quite tolerable. People who really suffer with migraines often are prescribed amitriptyline in doses between 25-50mg, if you can tolerate the side effects I've heard it is quite effective. I take low dose ami for other reasons and at low doses the side effects are quite benign, obviously there, but not unpleasant. The frequency of my migraines has been reduced since I've been on ami, which is good, a change in dose can trigger one though, as can missing a dose, but then I have other problems that leave me a little more sensitive to the ami than a healthy person.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
I take magnesium citrate + calcium citrate + vitamin D3 combined supplement daily. (I mean, started after migraine struck me, to avoid it in the future) :)

Just read one of the linked pages-apparently citrus is a migraine trigger for many people. So my suggestion of magnesium citrate might not be such a great idea.

If citrus is a trigger for you, or if you don't know for sure it is not, I would either hunt down magnesium glycinate on the internet or at a health food store. Also, I just saw magnesium gluconate at a CVS, which is a large chain drug store in these parts, so it should be available. The glycinate is chelated, which usually means better absorbed.

Magnesium oxide, the most common form and the cheapest, is the least absorbed, according to the charts I have seen.

If you can't find a combo pill with magnesium, calcium and vitamin D that doesn't contain a citrate or magnesium oxide, you might have to go 3 different pills to avoid the citrate. Up to you, of course.

Good luck which ever way you go. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.