The Weather

I think calcium and D are needed to link.

I wasn't seeking reduction of winter blues. I seem to have it form my 2700K lights which to me shouldn't work. My suspicion is the 2700K is loosely speaking. What I feel works is the light seems as it would for ideal TV lighting. Not too many shadows and no glare. The light fitments are ancient GU10 4 square clusters that suit the 1966 wiring converted to LED. Somehow it works. It's a real Goldilocks light source. Makes me feel good to be in the room. Other rooms with similar ideas are as good as the 1940's which isn't very good. This is a fluke and almost costs nothing to run. It made me question what " really " is winter blues.

BTW. The old GU10 and LED lamps claim to be similar, They are not at all similar. The Halogen is a dirty yellow light. Also 5 watts LED seems brighter than 50 watts halogen.

The heat a cometh.

11 am and it's already 27º away from the water. Supposed to get even hotter in the next few days.
The dog heads straight for the shade and laps up water like a... well, uh, a dog I guess.

Poor guy can't take off his coat.

Attachments

• IMG_20160701_214907.jpg
    IMG_20160701_214907.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 109
11 am and it's already 27º away from the water. Supposed to get even hotter in the next few days.
The dog heads straight for the shade and laps up water like a... well, uh, a dog I guess.

It's quite a bit cooler here at the moment. We're just getting ready to give Kimi a bath to help with her itchy skin, and to keep her cool. Have to go find my ear plugs, as she shrieks when in the tub.:D

jeff

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
It made me question what " really " is winter blues.

Maybe its just the fact that our brains know that we are stuck inside, indoors, like a rat in a prison until winter is over.

You will find that LEDs are also graded by CRI, 90 is better light than the usual 80 or so, of course 100 represents the noon day sun.

Incandescent bulbs have also this whole time produced CRI of 100, 100 is a perfect black body radiator.

Last edited:
Since he is north of the border, I'm sure those are degrees C (Canadian) :)

We had almost 35 of them today, with temps over 35C expected tomorrow. It was over 36 C in Chicago today (98 F). It was cooler in Florida.

The thermometer at a local school read 102 F this afternoon, but it is in direct sunlight.......so was I for most of the afternoon.

Heat warnings were issued from noon to 8 PM tonight. Young, elderly and people with medical conditions are advised not to go outside. I still have about an hour of pushing the lawn mower to finish, and the "self propelled" mechanism is broken. I take a break every hour or so to suck down some (nearly) frozen Gatorade and hug the box fan in the basement (coldest place in the house).

Attachments

• Hot.jpg
    Hot.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 85
we are pushing 33C today. Highs for the next week between 28 and 33C.

The coolest at night will be 22C.

The past two weeks have been more like typical mid July than mid June.

We too may see 33C (91-92F) or more today. It's currently 30C/87F and rising (at 1pm Eastern Daylight Savings). This spring has been crazy, with a few gorgeous days in the low to mid 70s, but other days of weirdly cold and excessively hot temperatures for June.