The Weather

28C @70%RH feels like 38C =100F

I just returned from Captiva Island Florida where I took a walk of several miles in length on the beach every day, and played outside for most of each day, although much of that play did involve the Gulf or a swimming pool.

I got in the car last Friday and drove 1200 miles north to find it hotter than Florida. Yesterday I pushed a lawnmower for much of the day.

After starting a project outside today and lasting about an hour, I gave up. The weather gizmo with a remote sensor outside in the shade on the porch said 94F (35C) at 90% RH. The living room said 76F at 55%, and the basement registered 72F at 45%, so it was an easy decision. I spent the entire day with LT spice working on a wild idea for my 1KW tube amp design.

Similar weather is expected until Saturday.

Not too bad here yet. 10º at 8pm so no need for extra blankets overnight just yet. Nice evening walk with the Mrs. and Bingo, the little lion.

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 154
I had to drive to Newland NC

My parents had a small summer place in Linville Land Harbor (off of 221) about a mile southeast of Newland. One of my brothers managed to get it transferred into his name without our knowledge, so we rarely go there, but we did go through Johnson City on our route home last trip. I had pondered going there for the eclipse in August, but things didn't work out.

My parents had a small summer place in Linville Land Harbor (off of 221) about a mile southeast of Newland. One of my brothers managed to get it transferred into his name without our knowledge, so we rarely go there, but we did go through Johnson City on our route home last trip. I had pondered going there for the eclipse in August, but things didn't work out.

Wow, Linville. I used to go there back in the 80s when I was in grad school. Worked on a solar home just off the blue ridge parkway and Grandfather Mountain. Beautiful place, and it always surprised me how close the temps were to my home in New England. It really does get pretty cold there. Not 10-20 below 0F like here in NH, but cold!

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Just had our first thunderstorm of the summer season here in Newcastle, NSW. Was a pretty flashy one too one of my cctv cameras didn't make it and the power went out for about a minute.

It was an unseasonably dry winter here this year with very little rainfall, usually its a lot of rainfall all throughout winter.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Not cold today

Nearly Halloween. Here on the chilly coast of Maine, we've had snow for Halloween before. I just had a snow-blower delivered; you never know.

Today is 65F (18C) and balmy. Balmy! We should be 15-20F colder. Tomorrow is forecast more rain than we had in months. Seems to be a tropical storm, except coming out of NY State? Strange days.

Seems to be a tropical storm, except coming out of NY State

It was here yesterday. More rain in one day than most of the summer. Trees are confused. 30 degrees one day, then 75 two days later. Then the rains of summer come late, followed by 45 degree weather. Some have started to show fall color while others have gone from green to brown, and the pines have lost half their needles.

I was up in northwest Pennsylvania Saturday, tree color looked more normal for late October.