The human race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another point is that total world poverty has been diminished greatly with the development of China and India. Economic growth in Asia has lifted billions of people out of abject poverty (something like 50% of the world population). This is something no government could ever do. While wealth distribution might be more uneven at points, almost everyone is better off than they were 50 years ago (Africa is a big exception, but other factors are often suggested here).

People have lamented over the rapid population growth on our planet for centuries, however I believe that there is nothing to fear as long as governments do not hamper technological progress. In other words, 50 years from now we will be wondering why we even had this discussion.

Coming from a society where I was quickly squeezed out of the workforce because my father trained me to be a tradesman but I wanted to pursue something more intellectual, and then not getting the education that I needed when I needed it, I'm sure that there is some kind of flaw that you could pick up on what I'm about to say.

The world bank is sinking the countries that you say have been pulled out of poverty into insurmountable large amounts of debt, essentially taking control of an entire country's property/land holdings and taking the country and its people hostage into the modern western society. And in America and Europe people are wondering why we have terrorists?

I can afford to live in relative luxury as I'm on welfare in a fairly well off country, but this country is married at the hip to the mining industry, what happens if/when that industry crumbles? I highly doubt that this country can continue to live off of the income from coal for the next 50 years.

I certianly can't go and put my application in at Amalgamated Wireless (AWA) Radio & Television because that company was shut down long ago, so losing welfare for me is tantamount to living in the street begging for money.

I've got 10-20 years left before both of my parents die from old age, then I'm on my own at the mercy of a country that has no clue what to do beyond the mining industry.

The only job for me is in tourism, basically the Australian east coast has become just one big large tourist attraction. And even that has tanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.